• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   11/10/22

Help keep cascadeclimbers.com going!  Please consider donating so we can keep this site going.   We have set expenses right now but no revenue.  We do hope to getting a sponsor to help out, but for now we just need funds to upgrade the site and pay for hosting and licensing. See the "DONATE" tab in the top menu.
Sign in to follow this  
David_Parker

BD halfdome helmet cracked!

My BD Halfdome took a seroius hit from a falling chunck of ice in Lillooet. Hardest impact I have sustained...ever...saw stars. But the helmet didn't crack and I was otherwise impressed. I am glad I wasn't wearing a foam helmet, people say they can absorb just as much if not more impact, but I'm just not so sure.

Anyway, I agree with Dru, hlemets crack, they should be considered disposable.

Take a look inside your Half Dome... foam. I hope you've retired your helmet.

has to be something under the helmet worth saving to make it worthwhile to retire it tongue.gif

Do you consider twice a day a lot? Just kidding. Surprisingly never. They are large but well behaved brows. Thanks for noticing.

Just wanted to report that I felt like I received top quality customer service from BD. I exchanged a few emails with a guy who seemed genuinely concerned and wanted to see the helmet. He sent me a new one, even before receiving the old one. They passed each other in the mail. Anyone who has a bad experience with BD customer service must be starting off on the wrong foot, maybe taking to much of an attitude they "owe" you something. I have never had a bad experience with them and so will continue to buy their gear as a result.

Just wanted to report that I felt like I received top quality customer service from BD. I exchanged a few emails with a guy who seemed genuinely concerned and wanted to see the helmet. He sent me a new one, even before receiving the old one. They passed each other in the mail. Anyone who has a bad experience with BD customer service must be starting off on the wrong foot, maybe taking to much of an attitude they "owe" you something. I have never had a bad experience with them and so will continue to buy their gear as a result.
thumbs_up.gif BD CS rules!