BD halfdome helmet cracked!

David_Parker

My BD Halfdome took a seroius hit from a falling chunck of ice in Lillooet. Hardest impact I have sustained...ever...saw stars. But the helmet didn't crack and I was otherwise impressed. I am glad I wasn't wearing a foam helmet, people say they can absorb just as much if not more impact, but I'm just not so sure.

Anyway, I agree with Dru, hlemets crack, they should be considered disposable.

Take a look inside your Half Dome... foam. I hope you've retired your helmet.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to report that I felt like I received top quality customer service from BD. I exchanged a few emails with a guy who seemed genuinely concerned and wanted to see the helmet. He sent me a new one, even before receiving the old one. They passed each other in the mail. Anyone who has a bad experience with BD customer service must be starting off on the wrong foot, maybe taking to much of an attitude they "owe" you something. I have never had a bad experience with them and so will continue to buy their gear as a result.

Just wanted to report that I felt like I received top quality customer service from BD. I exchanged a few emails with a guy who seemed genuinely concerned and wanted to see the helmet. He sent me a new one, even before receiving the old one. They passed each other in the mail. Anyone who has a bad experience with BD customer service must be starting off on the wrong foot, maybe taking to much of an attitude they "owe" you something. I have never had a bad experience with them and so will continue to buy their gear as a result.
thumbs_up.gif BD CS rules!