Ski recomendation

Terminal_Gravity

What do you recomend for the no-compromise best ski's for climbing in deep powder. They should be very light and have fairly wide waists, I assume.

Just about anything will get me back down but I need something that is really good at going up, a long way, in deep snow, with a big pack, at altitude. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Terminal_Gravity

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought it was fisher that was making a short (like 135cm) fat ski that wasnt too bad for slapping on your pack. all they got now is a 155cm 'kammerlander'.

truth be told there are many skis that will work for you. and most of em can be found used. shit. i even seen short fat skis that fold in half on a hinge to let em be packed easily.

TG:

I've been real happy with the TUA Nitrogens combined with a Dynafit binding. I used the ski's in some real light Montana Rockies powder over new years and got pretty good floatation. I think the TUA Helium is even lighter.

The BD Guidlite skins seem to work just fine too.

Good luck.

Was used on Everest for that ski descent or some such for what that's worth.

Eh? Davo Karnicar skiied an Elan - the local boy had the local company make him up a pair.

If your looking for super light weight check out the Dynafit Rally - it's $99 from Life-link. Of course if your using Silveretta's it won't work, so scratch that.

Edited by cj001f