A Message from Dwayner

pope

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can only hope that future preservationists will hold "East Side Niggazs", "Crip Cop Killah", etc., in the same high esteem as they do this ancient grafitti. I would hate to see noe-neandertals sport climbers grid-bolting ancient slums without proper concern for preserving history.

the way it works is that banning and unbanning are done by

the same person and the rest of us don't generally interfere.

If this was not the way of things Dwayner would have been back

a long time ago. Sorry Dwayner frown.gif

Will the coward who banned Dwayner please step forward!

alb9.jpg

No shit. Dwayner isn't even in the same nasty league as me, and yet he's evidently still banned. He must've pulled some dirty deeds under the table.

I'm nearly certain that a misunderstanding over the "Jumping the Shark" thread got him banned. In this thread, Dwayner criticized some of the truly inane chatter one too frequently finds on cc.com, and I suspect that a couple of powerful characters interpreted this as an attack on their creation, on the website itself. But if you go back and read that crap, that clearly wasn't Dwayner's intent.

And Will, Minx, etc. may note that this I didn't start a "bring Dwayner back" thread. Instead, based on what I'm reading, a number of cc.commies have decided to hijack this thread and voice their opinions on the subject.

I only have time to read conditions stuff these days, but did Dwayner really get banned for simply championing his climbing style (the style that let Americans become the best climbers in the world for very short window before the advent of sport climbing)? Who cares if his golden age ethics were inserted into every discussion including mixed ice climbing?

Dwayner has climbed a lot of stone in his day and brings a tremedous breadth of knowledge and historical perspective to cc. Bring him back if he really is banned.

I always stuck up for Dwayner. For those fuckers that say just get another avatar, they're clueless crackheads. Our main avy, like trask, or cavey, or dru, or dwayner, pope, gregW, those are the avys that we really want to be associated with. If you don't understand that, you're a dumb fuck that doesn't understand shit in the first place.

So what I can't understand is why a guy with a PhD really cares if he was arbitrarily banned from an internet dicscussion group?

Just get a new name and post, if you really want to take part, or forget it. Come on man.

I've wallowed through this stuff and here is what came to mind:

If Dwayner was banned for his insistant ethical spin, then why isn't there an ethics forum where this stuff can find a home? Shoveling it into spray and banning indicates contempt for the issue or other viewpoints.

It seems that coming back as yourself under some other name and carrying on as normal would be a tacit admission of some sort of guilt, apology, or admission of the legitimacy of the banning.

And what's with the Ph.D. stuff? What's a Ph.D. have to do with this site? I know plenty and amongst them are some of the smartest and some of the stupidest people I've ever met. They're like everybody else but have been to school longer. There's probably a few Ph.D.'s on this site but so what. It seems to matter more to those without than to those with. Bust your butt and get your own if it's an issue to you. rolleyes.gif

Lord Bosco, Ph.D.

Dwayner has a highly-developed sense of humor, as do several others here, including Timmy and Jon. Good laughs and clever writing are what keep me looking at this site daily instead of weekly or monthly. When avatars like Dwayner disappear, it's a loss.

RobBob, MBA, BMF

I always stuck up for Dwayner. For those fuckers that say just get another avatar, they're clueless crackheads. Our main avy, like trask, or cavey, or dru, or dwayner, pope, gregW, those are the avys that we really want to be associated with.

No Trask. You guys all suck. It's me that people come to read. So read this "Ban the moderator who banned Dwayner!"

laugh.gif