RFI: Avalanche Transceivers

Downhill

Need to upgrade to a new avi beeper. My purpose will be 99% for backcountry skiing. Does anyone care to share your opinions, experience or recommendations regarding the following or others:

Backcountry Access Tracker - DTS

Ortovox F-1

Mammut Barryvox

TIA

DH bigdrink.gif

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick search (10 seconds invested, mebbe?) of The Gear Critic forum for "avy tranceivers" yielded 4 threads within the past 2 years.

See this thread for starters. It discusses all three of the options you listed.

Open thought: Why don't folks on this board use the search function more often before posting? rolleyes.gifwazzup.gifmadgo_ron.gif

One more time! A search of All Forums, all dates, with the keywords "avy", "avalanche", "transceiver", and "beacon", limited to "show only main posts" provided this wealth of information.

This should keep you occupied while on the shitter for quite some time... wave.gif

OK, my bad on replies #2 and #3. You cannot copy/paste the URL for a search to the boards, as the resulting URL of each search is www.blahblahblah/dosearch.

But, Downhill, if you type in the keywords that I've indicated, limit the keywords to "in subject" and narrow/expand the search to The Gear Critic and/or All Foums, with no date restrictions, you will see the threads I tried to show you. Be sure to click the "Display Only Main Posts" selection at the bottom of the search page, or it will take forever to return results. You'll get the main (initial) post, which will lead you to the thread.

Carry on, and pls forgive the earlier rant. I'm in a really pissy mood today, and it just got shit on you for no particular reason. I apologize; I'm really not that much of an asshole.

Sobo,

Thanks for the suggestion - frankly the reason I didn't search first was because I never thought of it - stupid me (note the avitar).

Thanks too for your rant retract - kept me from replying something along the lines of having a life of work, family, skiing, climbing, etc. that detracts me from making 1,100 posts on a bb. - just flippin' ya shit - I do appreciate your tip! grin.gif

So once everything has been said, there will be no reason to post to this web-site anymore, it will be mearly a search engine rolleyes.gif

Lambone,

I suspect that you are taking my inference about "search first, ask questions later" to an (illogical) extreme. I merely suggested that people should do a simple search first, read what they find in the search results, then formulate specifically relevant questions (that haven't already been answered from the search) to ask when they put up their post. This discussion has been had on this board already, ad nauseum.

If I am wrong about the underlying intention of your reply, then I apologize in advance. I don' wan' no boxing_smiley.gif w' no one.