Trimming Posts

catbirdseat

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

another question: what is the process for un-designating moderators? like erik resigned, but what if there was a spray war in the super secret moderator forum, like the vampire-werewolf war in Underworld none of the living knew was going on Geek_em8.gifrolleyes.gif, and say, 16 of the mods decided the other 2 had to be banned? confused.gif

I got news for ya, erik is still a mod.

Not precisely, he's more of a moderator-at-large. He has no authority in any of the forums, but still has access to the Moderator forum. As Alex alluded to, in many ways the moderators act as an advisory board, and Erik's input is still welcome.

Alex:

You fail to see my point(s). I left myself out of the discussion on this thread because I failed to see the relevancy of the fact that it was me that was the one being called names.

My second point was not that I objected to the snipping of the word/phrase in question, but to the addition of words not said, by the poster, to any post. I never really meant to make any of this about the "c" word (which was not in the origninal post that Mike made) or about my feelings about the word or the name calling, or any of that.

To reiterate agian, I do have a huge problem with is the addition of words not said by the poster being added to the posts. That should be a simple enough objection for all concerned to understand.

Alex:

I never really meant to make any of this about the "c" word (which was not in the origninal post that Mike made) or about my feelings about the word or the name calling, or any of that.

Oh but it was. trask thought it was a good one, as I recall. Layton said it was a little much, after he saw my edit of his post. It was pretty harmless to the original poster. Since we all know each other or are all at least acquaintences, I do not see why this is constantly so difficult.

You are arguing a principle, but I can't take you that seriously if you are telling me you are in a huff for changing "cunt" to "being annoying". I do edit very rarely and (with what I though was) great care.

Who moi? My objection was not that the thread was trimmed, but that the cut material wasn't preserved elsewhere.

Shit CBS! You should be grateful that the stuff you "contributed" to that thread got shipped to the memory hole. Save your ass some embarassment yellaf.gif

I got news for ya, erik is still a mod.

Not precisely, he's more of a moderator-at-large. He has no authority in any of the forums, but still has access to the Moderator forum. As Alex alluded to, in many ways the moderators act as an advisory board, and Erik's input is still welcome.

Like this contribution by Erik in the Red Rocks thread?

"yeah who really cares...if someone is shallow enough to commit suicide then fuck them."

Makes complete sense to me!

edit: Someone deleted that little gem, too.......

Edited by Thinker

NO, Alex, I have objection to you changing words. It is not about WHAT word, it is about the CHANGING of words.

Yes, I got that part thanks. As you know well, editors take certain liberties. Perhaps you didnt understand the part where I mentioned that editing posts is common? I am sorry its objectionable to you.

If you are smart enough to write a book, surely you are smart enough to see this subtle, yet important, distinction.

I am not that smart, actually. I had Jason write the book, and I just took half the proceeds. rolleyes.gif