Trimming Posts

catbirdseat

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rather liked OW's trick of moving part of thread to spray at an arbitrary point in its devolution and being explicit in what he intended to do. Wasn't perfect, but we got the idea that the thread drifted too much for the original forum. In this case, why not just make Jason's post a locked sticky and let us carry on in Spray?

FWIW, I've seen mod edits elsewhere that just say "edited by (mod) to remove offensive content." Works a whole lot better than re-representing what a poster said.

The thing is, everybody knows that "take a motrin, cunt" is purely trolling to inflame; IMO a result of allowing inflamatory trolling so readily in Spray means a handful of posters, and everybody knows who they are, just can't restrain themselves outside of Spray. The rest of us who can restrain ourselves depend on the occasional mod incident for clues as to what we all can put up with.

Fuck you Nancy Boy. You wanna spray?, let's hear it beyotch!!!

Gargle my butt-gravy you son of a motherless whore!!! It's good that you have a flat head, big ears, and small teeth or you'd never have gotten anywhere in this world.

Eat shit, you fucking cunt. the_finger.gif

Fuck you Nancy Boy. You wanna spray?, let's hear it beyotch!!!

Gargle my butt-gravy you son of a motherless whore!!! It's good that you have a flat head, big ears, and small teeth or you'd never have gotten anywhere in this world.

Eat shit, you fucking cunt. the_finger.gif

you're a worthless window licking, donkey-fucking, panty-slurping, cum-guzzling, hemorrhoid-nibbling, wank-brained fucktard! boxing_smiley.gif

I've seen two jumpers. One in a parking lot under the St John's bridge and another who landed on the lower Marquam deck. Almost ran over his thoughtless dead ass too, motherfucker. Another time I had a friend go psycho and jump off the Vista bridge. I went looking for his put-in spot and found the butts from six Salems he musta smoked before leaping.

Maybe I'll psot a TR about it sometime, I feel better already! cantfocus.gif

wow- i just read this whole thing. i have a few things to say

my dick is this 8===============================D big

whether some of you like it or not this is a "community" with jon and timmy as supreme dictators. whether i agree with it or not some moderation helps this "community" continue to exist. in case some of you don't realize it, if we didn't at least try and come up w/some veneer of a teeny tiny tad bit of civility, then most of these people would go away. you might think you'd like it but probably not...even in spray.

if the community becomes offensive to too many people we'll lose a lot of valuable content both in and out of spray. admit it some of you hardcore sprayers are pretty extreme. while you think that's fine (and mostly i do too) a lot of people don't. just b/c it's "spray" doesn't mean some good, non climbing topics aren't/couldn't be discussed here. if the atmosphere is too extreme here in spray will lose participants in those discussions too. spray needs very little moderation but some, on rare occasions

as for alex's trimming of the fatality thread. it wasn't a spray thread and thus is and should be moderated more closely. good for alex

if the community becomes offensive to too many people we'll lose a lot of valuable content both in and out of spray.

If?

No, the content of cc.com has already been degraded, rolleyes.gif not only by the spray, but also by the people who don't post because they don't want to wade through the spray.

people who want real content use rockclimbing.com.

you way wrong. people who ask noobie questions and chestbeaters who pretend to know the answers use rockclimbing.com. like lamb-one.

I'm with lummox. I've never been to this rockclimbing.com website. I find plenty of beta here that I need, and I make personal inquiries to those whom I know climb shit. I've never had a problem getting info on routes I'm interested in.

people who want real content use rockclimbing.com.

people who want spray and chestbeating post here.

yellaf.gif C'mon, people who want to read "Which shoes should I buy?", "Places to toprope in Connecticut?", and "What is the hardest V2 on the rock-gym's 45 wall?" threads twice a week use rc.com. The signal to noise at rc.com is as high or higher than here, but here the noise is at least way more entertaining.

Without spray, you'd have no Mounties on the cover of the Joshua Tree album...think about that one. the_finger.gif

As long as spray stays in Spray, who cares. If it's a big deal, write some code that takes Spray posts out of the "last 25" or "last 50" searches and put the spray topic at the bottom of the main page, downsize the font so you really have to know where to look. There are plenty of ways to put a cleaner "public face" on the place without altering the character.