Trimming Posts

catbirdseat

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I didn't think there was anything WRONG with what anyone sdaid. But perhaps it was not respectful to Jasons experience to discuss what we were discussing. I appologize if I was offensive or offended Jason. I do think that the discussion is worth having. As far as depression and the stigma that goes with that, even suicide. Perhaps just not here.

Well, IMO there were a lot of things said that were disrespectful both to Jason and to the deceased. I was pretty pissed, which is why I used what Muffy calls "the mommy voice." So, in one way, it's good to see that nastiness struck from the record. It's a very public forum, for one thing. JM sees what was said, and the family of the deceased, and Jason's client may see this stuff too.

On the other hand, the moderating here is taking on a whole new form. At one point yesterday, one poster, in a roundabout way, called another poster the "c" word. Later on that day, I saw the sentence containing the "c" word had been replaced by something along the lines of "take a motrin", directed at the person originally called the "c" word. Below that was a note that the post had been edited by one of the moderators.

This is the sort of moderating one could grow to hate. So a person says something deemed offensive, (by the moderator, or the cc.com standards, if there are any) and rather than simply pull the post, or perhaps the offending sentence, the mods are going to come up with a "nicer" way of saying what they think the poster was saying? NO WAY! I've taken my share of abuse here on cc, but I never want to see that kind of gratuitous moderating on this site again. thumbs_down.gif

you guys quit fucking whining. if you have an issue with how a specific post has been edited PM someone about it. i personally don't edit/modify posts. i delete or it stays as is. you're all acting like the dreaded c word

i personally am not going to waste my time editing spray. the other forums perhaps deserve more close moderation and perhaps editing instead of deleting. if you feel the meaning of your post has been significantly altered repost or delete all together. these whine fests just add one more thread to moderate.

Nazi.jpg

Spray mode on: As the levels of bureaucracy here at cc.com increase I think we'll see more of this. Owners, senior moderators, junior moderators, tattle-tales, and posters. The personalities of each will continue to develop and finally we'll have moderators changing posts already changed by other moderators. Eventually one will have to have some sort of mod status to even play well here.

Let's hope not!

Not that anyone gives a flying fuck, or I have anything valuable to say, but I've cut back my contributions recently due to what I consider to be shitty "moderation" on the part of some moderators (Off_White being a notable exclusion). They've taken the fun out of it. And I say this with the perceived "fear" of getting banned, once again, for speaking my mind.

In my opinion, moderators should not be allowed to post, only to moderate. It seems like mods get wrapped up in conversations, and when they get pissed, for whatever reason, they edit, ban, etc. And editing posts, to "clean up" vulgarity, is bullshit. You should be able to use the word cunt in Spray. To replace cunt with a word like gash or hatchet wound is depraved revisionism, in the finest tradition of heavy-handed totalitarian censorship.

BTW, how many moderators are there now?

In order to properly moderate one cannot ignore a user!

Otherwise how would you know if what they posted had to be moderated or not?

Unless you had an automatic script that searched for certain key words like "Clownpuncher" tongue.gif and automatically banned whoever posted them.

Minx, sorry if you don't like the way I presented feedback. Maybe when they make you queen of Spray you can do something about it.

Oh wait, never mind. tongue.gif

allison...it's just that it's the same old thing every single time someone gets their knickers in a knot about being moderated. the whole thing gets totally overblown. i think there are better ways to handle it than create yet another thread on it. sorry you don't like the way i'm presenting feedback

I don't think anybody is picking on you directly Minx.

trask i didn't take it that they were. i'm just trying to make a point.

even if they're picking on me personally i don't take any of this seriously enough to take it personally tongue.gif

it just seems to be a lot of hot air over nothing new. i feel like i should start a bolting debate just to distract people cantfocus.gif

are the people who are moderated given the chance to chose their own new words?? Maybe timm@y can create a progrma that notifys someone when they are out of bounds... and give them the choice to moderate them selves. If they chose not to them KILL 'EM wink.gif I am not a big fan og moderation. It has it's place but I feel like it should be a next to last resort.