Anybody know anything about this?

RuMR

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know about the WFH...it puts a lot of mass on as well...

the first phase is exercises of 3 sets of 30 reps trying for near failure at the end of the set. endurance gains are very noticeable. for me about 30% i estimate. i have done the whole twfh and didnt put on any significant weight. but do what you want dood.

with regard to doing mega sets --100+ reps-- friends that did it incurred joint damage cause their form went to shit during the exercise.

It's a pretty basic concept of periodization and one reason to use it whether or not you're trying to "peak" for an event.

High rep work that keeps you aerobic encourages capillary development as well as connective tissues development. You'll lose some max strength and power during a high-rep low pump aerobic phase. However, the losses in this area are quickly regained through some low rep/heavy training. Freakishly quickly.

The physical benefits (increased blood supply) of the "base" phase won't diminish much when you switch phases and go to strength training, certainly not at the rate that strength drops off when you're doing endurance work. This is probably due to the neurological component of power/strength vs the primarily physical component of increased blood supply. There is also the energy utilization aspect of endurance, but let's stick with basics.

The net result is being both stronger and having better endurance. It's also likely that recovery from the workouts will become enhanced due to the increased circulation. I've greatly oversimplified a complex concept here.

Any high rep exercises (i.e. > 15reps) is unlikely to add more than a small amount of mass. If you're addding mass with endurance work, ou're probabaly eating too much. It takes around 20 minutes for the "satiated" message to reach your brain from your gut, so you might try eating half your meal, taking a break and then seeing how hungry you are after waiting a while.