Canuck Ice: Bridal Falls By Moonlight

I heard about the Canook ice being in and all that and how it was like the second coming of the ice age or something with wooly mammoths and shit.

Dru was looking for a partner to climb Bridal Falls near Chiliwack tonight after all his regular partners turned himdown or had to wash their hair. So after he promised to HCL.gif if I showed up to rope gun I told him I'd be there. I brought a case of PBR up with me and had a few road pops between Sumas and Chiliwack.

Full moon was shining as we drove out to Bridal Falls which is basically a gas station motel trailer park and waterslide kinda Canook town. Dru was in full Dru mode going off about mars landings and giant squid and which hand to use for which hold on the crux of a route he's never done on a peak in Shmuckistan.

We drove up some dirt road in a Canook state park to the ice and hiked up to the base of this Bridal Falls which was spewing chunks and wet. Had a big argument boxing_smiley.gif about if it was safe to climb which ended with Dru wimping out and going back to sleep in the car. cry.gifyellowsleep.gif

I climbed this falls which was a couple of pitches mostly Grade II with a little step of III. The ice was slurpee and had lots of running water, mushrooms, and slush but was one hit hero stuff. There were chunks falling off a hollow shield in the middle of lower falls so i climbed on left to halfway terrace then on right to top. Right at the top there was a half-formed up grade IV wall that I avoided by climbing out a frozen log off the falls into a tree at the side of the route and on into the forest.

I didnt know how find a trail down and Dru took the guidebook with him so i just walked up the creek 15 minutes to some logging road and followed it back to Bridle Falls. Nice walk in the moonlight with bobcat tracks all over I think they were courtin or something because it looked like there was a spot where the tracks met up and smileysex5.gif

Dru was shivering his ass of in the car so i slapped him awake and we came back here for bigdrink.gif

The thing is so wet I betcha it falls down by Wednesday.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought a case of PBR up with me and had a few road pops between Sumas and Chiliwack.

Nice TR, carefull with the Road Pops though, I got stopped at a road block getting on HWY 1 just north of Sumas. Mounties were looking in my rig for empties...I had to explain to them what Red Bull was yelrotflmao.gifbigdrink.gif