new year goals

lummox

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my goal is to do anything that will make me a more complete climber. yea, it will involve working out, but the bigdrink.gif is staying. it includes getting into aid climbing, becoming faster on the sharp end, skiing harder, falling further, gym training, bouldering, reading, being tent bound, more 1000 mile driving weekends, less bitching, long approaches, and graduating and having more time to climb...

And, of course, spending more time in the muir hut mushsmile.gif

By the end of spring: Avalanche/snow/backountry competent

sometime this year: sell an article to a national magazine

all year: continue to whittle away at pain management until hopefully it sits close to zero

About as challenging and almost as important: work on getting more core strength, as it seems to be key to almost everything I do in my life

Starting a new climbing club (I'm serious!), - more on this soon.

Making my left tele-turn look as good as my right teleturn.

Lead Saber, lead a bunch of stuff...

Clear up all the confusion I've left in my wake. Leave no new confusion in my wake. Is this one clear? cantfocus.gif

"-se couloir of tfj"

When?

leaving in 5 minutes....just kidding. probably would be a good time right now though eh? Though I bet it slides, and getting to that couloir means traversing that death slope on the east side. Anyway, I hope to get in there soon. The start looks like the hardest part.

skykilo: thumbs_up.gif go get sandy headwall

fejas: I've no idea, I have not had a good look at it in winter. I was just blurting it out, stop making me think about details! yellaf.gif Sounds like you have done some recon though.

Not during the winter. Just been on it a bunch of times most of witch where weekend trips, so a lot of play was had on different opptions and from the south ridge there is a ledge that runs 50-60 ft above the slope all the way over to the perposed route your thinkin of... but like i said I haven't been up there this time of year. the conditions sound sketch on that slope, bein the weather and snow accumulation in all...

Cheers mate bigdrink.gif!