Washington SAR conference '02

Drew_Jones

I've never done any search and rescue but would like to get involved. This conference look like the first step, but I'm not sure what I'll leave the conference with. Am I certified for something once I go, or what?? Either way, the experience would be great. I see a class for "Bombs and Booby Traps" that looks quite useful.

Drew (long-time lurker)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I remember the SAR conference was really intended for current members to get current on classes to meet the requirements of the Wash. Admin. Code for SAR personel. I'm not sure when all the groups start their basic training but I know at least one group starts in the fall and goes throughout the winter. I'm pretty sure there is a page for King County SAR where you could find out about the various groups.

Drew,

I think that you will soon find out that most individuals involved with SAR, are in fact, looking to be rescued......perhaps not in the realm of climbing, but in one of the many other facets of life.

The words SAR and Mountaineers can and should be used synonymously......I hope not to deter you from your ambitions or aspirations, I just hate to see other climbers waste their climbing time away.