Banks Lake?

DPS

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went there sunday and not much was in. Salt and Pepper was formed and looked ok. The punchbowl was starting to come in but was thin. Saw four guys toproping it so they might have mess up what little ice there was. Its cold here now, and the climbs should start forming up, but don't know how well they will be by this weekend. If it stays like this next weekend should be good.

I'd like to know how Salt and Pepper was tr'd. I'll be going back tomorrow so I can post when I get back how it was. It was great on Sunday and it hasn't warmed up too much so I'd bet it's even better now with the little bit warmer temps. Ice was a bit brittle at -10. For anybody in Spokane Indian Canyon falls is great, but I'd hurry.

salt and pepper---walk to the top, build an anchor and rap down to the base of the ice, real tough to figure out that one. as of monday the cable looked frightening. h2o2 was in but wet even during that cold spell. a few other routes between coulee and electric city looked thin and/or very chandeliered but growing fast. bring a gun for the punch bowl.

And the death cicles did not come down saturday or sunday...

Ah, but DPB deathsicles DID come down on Saturday, when the arctic front moved in and the temps were also crashing down... So, Chris, how did you like playing Russian Roulette on Sunday, or did you even know? blush.gif

Its more fun to dodge the bowling balls. We saw you on salt and pepper saturday, looked fun might have to go do that soon, more fun on lead. And the death cicles did not come down saturday or sunday BUT they will, and I would not want to be there when they do.

not us on saturday. we were there on monday and i had to walk around the top of s&p to rap h2o2 and retrieve gear after a friend logged flight time.

RE Punch Bowl deathsicles, I watched a large one come off Saturday morning - a rather convincing deterrent.

The Cable looked sweet, almost down. Will probably TR it Sunday if not too warm. A pretty reasonable approach to Salt and Pepper. We only had one rope so we rapped to the base of the last pitch and did laps on that, and then belayed both pitches from the top.

Lots of other stuff forming that will likely be in this weekend.

We were out at Banks all day. I had two people who had never climbed before so we tr'd Trotsky's Folly which was good, but I was able to watch the ice fall above the punch bowl all day. There is one that is got to be getting close to 80 feet long. A couple went up to do Trotsky's Revenge and decided against it rather quickly when a large piece broke off while they were standing at the base. It's too bad because the punch bowl looks to be better now than this last weekend.