bar poll

erik

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey webmaster/pollmeister! What keeps folks from voting ten times each? For example, although it ain't a bad place, I find it difficult to believe that 8 out of 10 votes at this time are for the Alki Tavern. It very well might eventually win, but the demographics seem to be focused north. (I don't really care, I live in Tacoma.) Our R.A.B. (Righteous Alpine Brother) Hikerwa must be squealing with joy right now at the thought of those cheap and delicious burgers. [chubit] With all due respect to Hikerwa, the gourmet fare at the Alki, and the many handsome biker gentlemen who frequent the place, I am nonetheless curious about how this new, fancy, computer machine voting works and if it is a fair way to obtain information suitable for making decisions. (or is it just another version of the loudest mouth wins?)

Just askin'?

- Dwayner

MYSTERY SOLVED. I pretended I was in Chicago and tried voting twice and got shut down. Nice feature. Democracy "wins" again. Now register all of your non-climbing friends in your office building, dead relatives, avatars and so forth. Speaking of "avatars", I guess those who have several of them got a heap more sway now!

Plato believed that the ideal government should be ruled by a "philosopher king" because the masses were incapable of making sound decisions. I hearby nominate Dwayner as the North American Alpine Decision Maker and he will hand out edicts on such subjects as pub club locations, bolting and the illegality of sit-starts. It's easy for everybody because all you have to do is listen, nod your head in agreement and obey. Hey you! That dude reading this with a bone in your nose! Fetch me another burger [chubit] and a couple of Mickey's [big Drink][big Drink] . Thank you, my friend! See how easy that was?

- Dwayner

can someone get chuckie a snot rag, so he may blow his nose, he seems to have a case of the sniffle me's......

you know i am from tacoma...and what i gather is ballard is seattle......so all those places are ballard to me......

im just stirring the pot.....

quote:

Originally posted by rayborbon:

quote:

Originally posted by chucK:

I refuse to vote
[Mad]
. The choices do not include

Cooper's
icon14.gif

Fiddler's Inn
icon14.gif

Park Pub
icon14.gif
or

The Virginia Inn
icon14.gif

You are too slow. Looks like it may well be Alki. C'mon fellow gapers and lurkers just vote anyway. Piss someone off
[big Grin]
I wanna post a poll but it won't let me! So do only moderators get to post polls? I wanna be a moderator. I'LL SHOW YOU GUYS [Mad] !!!!

I say we vote on

• One of Eric's choices
  • Somewhere else!!!!!!! poll_new.gif

Not being particularly charmed by the Alki, and happening to live within stumbling distance of Hattie's Hat, I just voted for Ballard. However, a certain friend of Rays, an older gentlemen, has been e-mailing me to say he wants to know where it will be tomorrow night and he said he enjoyed the Park. Anyway, let's make a call for tomorrow night and maybe we should send out scouts for next week's location -- ChucK??

Since the Seattle Pub Clubs have been running 30 people or more, someone (and I am not appointing myself) should let wherever we are going know we are coming, particularly if it is Hattie's. That place is way too small for us unless we could reserve the whole restaurant area in back, which seems unlikely, especially on such short notice.

[ 04-15-2002, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: allison ]

quote:

Originally posted by allison:

But it may be immaterial to me anyway, for at the risk of again incurring RB's wrath, FB's leering makes this one cc.commer girl type really uncomfortable.I know that's a really unpopular opinion, but if there was any way that he could be gently reminded that gaping, leering, staring, even if you ARE a legend, makes people feel prett-y darn weird.

You oughta smack him a good one on the chops. wouldn't be the first time.