Climbers and Intelligence

EWolfe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the questions on the test, like "The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never _____" seem to be more like "Obscure proverb knowledge" test than IQ test.

I recall that the more reliable IQ tests are standardized to avoid cultural-specific stuff like this. A high quality IQ test is one you can give to someone from the 3rd World or an Oxford Don and be assured that the score will not reflect their educational background but their underlying intelligence.

Hey if George Bush is really a born again Christian and he truly lives by Christian principles then shouldn't he advocate forgiveness so life imprisonment rather than death for the evil Saddam? Isn't promoting the death penalty reverting back to Old Testament justice? Can't be Christian unless you take into account the new gospel. WWJD?

Shows you who his real master is.

Hey if George Bush is really a born again Christian and he truly lives by Christian principles then shouldn't he advocate forgiveness so life imprisonment rather than death for the evil Saddam? Isn't promoting the death penalty reverting back to Old Testament justice? Can't be Christian unless you take into account the new gospel. WWJD?

speaking of wich... GWB has a 161

speaking of wich... GWB has a 161

spin! hellno3d.gif

I think a real IQ test would take a couple hours not 15 min. wink.gif

That depends. There is only one measure of intelligence that means very much. A person's intelligence is inversely proportional to the strength of their belief that intelligence can be measured. I'm sure of that.

Never done the Mensa thing, but my work sent me down to LA once for a day long evaluation as part of a training program. They give you all kinds of different tests and it takes 8 hours. The report was pretty interesting. No scores, but a compilation of your strengths, areas to watch out for, management style and an assessment of what types of roles/jobs other people with your profile do well in. About 6 pages of analysis...

You forgot to allow for the Texas/cowboy/good 'ole boy/Bible pounder/guilt/death trip factor.You damn betcha it's vindictive.I grew up in Fort Worth.Best thing I ever saw was Texas in the rear view mirror.It's a whole different world down there.Hard to say who's more scary,the guys on death row at Huntsville(highest rate of executions in the US)or the people who show up outside the fence for the executions with signs that say "The wages of sin is death","We're glad to see you gone","Good Riddance","He needed killing" and "Death to all killers".Just your nice basic old boys,kickin' back,havin' a beer,scream and swear at the anti-death penalty demonstrators a bit,work on your tan.Nice folks,yeah.

Oh,and not too many climbers down there(Hueco excepted).

madgo_ron.gif

Edited by Mtguide