Muffy owns skis

sk

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my personal goal are to find a way to enjoy the mountains in the winter so I don't hate it so. I would love to ski down amountain and enjoy the back country at some point. But i feel like much of that is realy long term and that I have much to learn in the mean time. I am not in a big hurry. Life is LONG grin.gif THANK YOU so much billy grin.gif MTguid and lawgodess and all for all the great tips and help. I am off to the ski shop to get info and try on boots and get recomindations on classes. I see this as a life long exploration. and not somethin I am likely to pick up in a short amount of time. I figure as long as I continune to move, the path will apear in front of me. I don't know if I will be a good skier, and I don't think that realy matters in the long run, as long as I am out, and having fun grin.gif jeez now I guess I have to learn to drive in the snow too shocked.gif again, THANK YOU bigdrink.gif

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

and for you PDX skiers, Mt Hood south side is SICK right now...the stretch from west crater down over by i-rock is in incredible shape. won't last long though, might be gone already.

I'll echo the sentiment. Even if you're looking for a non-existant ice-runnel, eh? cool.gif

Definitely some of the most consistently good conditions I've seen on Hood. The best line would be the west face below Crater Rock. I'd have thrashed through the grimness on the upper Palmer if I hadn't seen your lines looking so sweet, Iain. Kinda grabby down low, but a solid 9 for a big mountain ski.

You bet, XC is great fun,super cardio workout,great way to get around the backcountry.I started out XC-ing,did it for 22 seasons before I got into telemark,still go XC whenever avy hazard is too high or weather's too mugged in up high.(Which can be a lot around here.) And yes, there are a ton of trails; get Klindt Vielbig's book,"Cross-Country Ski Routes:Oregon"-2nd ed.,and "Cross-Country Ski Tours 1:Washington's North Cascades" and

2:"Washington's South Cascades and Olympics" both by Tom Kirkendall and Vicky Spring.Miles of smiles...

wave.gifthumbs_up.gif

You bet, XC is great fun,super cardio workout,great way to get around the backcountry.I started out XC-ing,did it for 22 seasons before I got into telemark,still go XC whenever avy hazard is too high or weather's too mugged in up high.(Which can be a lot around here.) And yes, there are a ton of trails; get Klindt Vielbig's book,"Cross-Country Ski Routes:Oregon"-2nd ed.,and "Cross-Country Ski Tours 1:Washington's North Cascades" and

2:"Washington's South Cascades and Olympics" both by Tom Kirkendall and Vicky Spring.Miles of smiles...

wave.gifthumbs_up.gif

DUDE you so rock!!!!! thanks for all the INFO bigdrink.gif

We had a spectacular time today. I think Xcountry skiing is a great way for me too get aquainted with the whole idea of snow and yes TLG I got TONS of face shots.(ie I fell down a whole bunch grin.gif ) I am sore and a bit stiff but I totaly can't wait to go agian fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif