For Sale: 10.EXs with Freerides and Skins

Cletus

01-02 Atomic 10.EXs 184cm, puchased March 02

Fritchi Freerides size Medium, boots up to 330mm or so

Ascension Clipfix Skins trimmed for skis

Put two seasons of PacNW volcano corn skiing on these, awesome setup. Used, but NOT AT ALL used up. Camber on these skis is still AS good as the day they arrived, bases are pristine with only one repair (not at the edge), done so well that I now have a hard time finding it. Topsheets are plenty scuffed from touring and carrying on packs, etc, but the bases are in great shape. Freerides are forward mounted 1.5 cms for a 310mm boot, in order to make the ride a bit more manageable in AT boots. Slap a larger boot in there, say 320-325mm and they'll effectively be mounted just a smidge ahead of the line, perfecto. Put an alpine boot in there and they rip. The Freerides are scuffed up a bit as well, and the heel elevators are dinged up from pole usage in switching from touring to skiing, but its all still totally good to go.

I am only getting rid of them because I have a wider/softer backcountry pow setup now, the corn/mountaineering season is 5 months away, and I could use the money in the meantime. I'm willing to sell skis and binders seperately, but I wouldn't recommend it. The current mounting is the second drilling (I started with them mounted on the line before moving them up), and it's a foam core ski, so a third set of holes wouldn't be so great.

These make a perfect setup for a skier looking for a wide-but-not-superfat, in and out of bounds, one-ski-can-do-almost-everything ride. It's light for touring, stiff for hardpack, crud, and groomers, fast, and has some good float for all but the super deep. And you can ride them in alpine boots or AT.

Make me an offer, I want to sell these!

Shipping from Oregon in the next couple days, or I can deliver to SLC and possibly CO within the next two weeks.

Post replies here.

Thanks!

-cletus-

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Freerides are forward mounted 1.5 cms for a 310mm boot, in order to make the ride a bit more manageable in AT boots. Slap a larger boot in there, say 320-325mm and they'll effectively be mounted just a smidge ahead of the line, perfecto.
I am a bit confused. I thought that a size 14 boot only went up to 306mm. How big are your feet cletus? I doubt that a medium size binding would accomodate such a large boot. 270mm is = to a US 9 and 290 is = to a US 12. What up?

regardless that is a sick setup, can't believe you want to part with it. If I didn't already have it I would buy it

No, I love the setup. Love it. But I now have a fatter softer setup for pow days, which means these get used only in variable b/c days, for longer tours, and while climbing volcanos in the spring...and if that's their new purpose for me, I'd rather have slightly less ski. Actually, what I'd really like to do is sell these off and put together the exact same setup again, only at the 177cm length. I would keep the Freerides and just work on getting the 177cm R.EXs, but then someone has to drill another set of holes in these 10.EXs, and I'd just as soon try to find someone who wants the setup as a package, for their own good.

But yeah, rockin setup. I just want it a little smaller.

Anyway, re: boot size: I'm a 10 street shoe, about 27.0 in AT boots, 310 mm Denalis. Alpine boots are Nordicas, 27.5 shell, 315mm. Euro that's like 42.5 or so, I think. So yeah, that conversion above is a bit off.

Somebody buy my skis!