I finally found pinky

plexus

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assmonkey almost always sets the pink and/or red when they are on the rack (which is often). They work really well at Leavenworth and Lil' Si, and protect horizontal cracks like nobody's business. Good to know about the REI recall, too.

So, WHAT IS UP WITH THIS?!?!?:

But you can find Metolious cams at your friggin neighborhood Wal-Mart. madgo_ron.gif

That just sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen! I can't believe Metolius is distributing to Wal-Mart....

In my experience both the leader and follower need to be devotees of the pink thru brown for them not to get stuck often. It's easy to carelessly push one into a pocket with no apparent way to clean it, or to shove it in further while trying to clean it. It doesn't hurt to bring a funkness if you're not sure your partner of the day knows the secret handshake. cantfocus.gif

BTW, anybody know where to get the Pink Tri-cam Key Fob?

• 1 month later...
In my experience both the leader and follower need to be devotees of the pink thru brown for them not to get stuck often. It's easy to carelessly push one in.....with no apparent way to clean it, or to shove it in further while trying to clean it. It doesn't hurt ...blah blah blah

Are you saying " I finally found pinky" (like the title indicates)..."BUT NOW MY FINGER STINKS."

Wha chew really talkin bout dooooood? blush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifblush.gifgrin.gif

• 7 months later...
So after going to four climbing stores, I finally was able to track down the infamous pinky, the .5 tri-cam nobody can do without. It's a stocking stuffer for my wife, ever since last spring when she finally did her first trad lead (without me no less), she has been raving about tri-cams and we need a whole rack of them and nothing else and yadda, yadda, yadda.

So what's the deal with nobody carrying tri-cams any longer? REI only has the big behemoth ones (as opposed to those little behemoth ones rolleyes.gif) and several stores didn't carry them at all. But you can find Metolious cams at your friggin neighborhood Wal-Mart. madgo_ron.gif

One more place....

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=719642&highlight=#719642

laugh.gif