Peshastin Pinnacles

beefcider

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Leavenworht guide can be a little fishy trying to figure out top ropes... Obviously not comprehensive and maybe not applicable to what you can/want to do, but here are some suggestions:

Climb the well bolted 5.8 on the front of Grand central tower. three .10-.11 slab topropes from there.

Climb Potholes (5.7, well bolted) and toprope potholes (direct) direct, washboards (.10c ?) with a directional.

Make a slightly spooky traverse (5.0, no rope) to the top of Austrian slab and climb any number of slabs .9-.10c (?)

Climb some (lame) route to the top of Orchard rock and tr the 5.0 slab or the .10b hand/fist crack. Don't bother with the climbs on the se face/chimney. Junk.

It is possible (but really crumby and sketchy) to walk to the top of some of the climbs on Sunset, but it sucks.

Peshastin might not be the best place for topropes. 1. Topropes piss people off and (at least a few years ago), Peshastin can be pretty crowded. 2. There just aren't many climbs that are both condusive to top roping and worth climbing at peshastin. In my opinion there's more and better tr'ing to be done in icicle canyon or vantage. Obviously expect to deal with some yahoo's in the icicle. Hit vantage early in the morning, drink and raid un-attended coolers in the afternoon, then hit sunshine again for a plesant sunset.

I don't have a good idea of what you're looking for or what your abilities are, so sorry in advance for any insulting/useless/self-glorifying spray. Oh yeah, make sure to have a good time!

quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Originally posted by jkassidy:State budget constraints as a result of the initiatives written by Tim "I'm-Not-A-Man". --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope, not yet...was closed for the winter until March 15.

Yup, as others have said, Peshastin is open for biz. Got fumigated there early this week. As we were up on the rock, they started spraying the orchard next door. A strong westerly wind coated us with a white, bitter-tasting fungi-herbi-insecticide powder. Probably not too healthy, but it cleared my flea and tick problem right up!

quote:

Originally posted by Uncle Tricky:
Yup, as others have said, Peshastin is open for biz. Got fumigated there early this week. As we were up on the rock, they started spraying the orchard next door. A strong westerly wind coated us with a white, bitter-tasting fungi-herbi-insecticide powder. Probably not too healthy, but it cleared my flea and tick problem right up!

Dude, I think you're the victim of the Alkeedas. I heard on the Art Bell show that they've discovered how to atomize Ebola and Anthrax. And down at the gym the other day I was in the shower when I heard a couple of young men speaking in a language I couldn't understand....gastons, dynos, gri-gri.....thought it was French of Italian, and then I heard one of them say, "Dude, I'm going to Peshastin to SEND THE SICKNESS".

It makes too much sense now. I should have called the FBI, but at the time, I assumed it was only the jibberish of what Frank Zappa would call "teen-age wind" (aka "sport-speak" in the climbing world).

[ 04-11-2002: Message edited by: pope ]

We went there today and there weren't many people there at all, maybe three other routes being used. We ended up going with the 5.8 on the GCT and didn't see any of the hazmat suited, tractor driving sickness senders but I have SEEN them before.

Beware: there was a guy lugging a camera around and following us. we stopped near the top of one of the rocks to look down onto the parking area and he took my photo. I asked what his deal was and he said "I only took a photo of your butt". He ran before we could kick his ass.

Also, some of the bolts are loose on the 5.8 and that rap ring looked ancient. I left a pair of sewn slings and new oval biners up there on the truly mega anchor. That's right, free gear!

quote:

Originally posted by Uncle Tricky:

Most likely was bentonite...the same stuff that makes all the orchards the white crack like color

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: Szyjakowski ]

quote:

Originally posted by beefcider:
Also, some of the bolts are loose on the 5.8 and that rap ring looked ancient. I left a pair of sewn slings and new oval biners up there on the truly mega anchor. That's right, free gear!

I tell ya man. Better safe than sorry. Whats yer life worth? We did the same thing. We were climbing snow creek wall today. The weather came in and we had to bail from like 3 pitches up. We ended up leafing a #1 Camalot, 4 stoppers and a bunch of slings and biners. Anybody know the easiest way to bail from the top of the crux pitch on outer space? That's right, free gear! Better safe than sorry though, thats what I figure.