• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
AARON1

Circumnavigating Hood

Would anyone be up for doing this trip some time this winter. I have never done but have always wanted to. Probably do it in 2-3 days.

I would be on my randonee gear. Don't really have any dates set and can do it pretty much anytime.

confused.gif seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do. It's a lot of fun, perhaps one of the best outings on Hood.

Maybe he's laughing because its usually done in the spring in a single day? Personally, I'd break it up into two days and spend the afternoon of the first day yo-yoing on the north side.

bigdrink.gif

Yeah,this is one of the primo trips on the mountain in winter;take a look at the route as it's described in Oregon Descents by David Waag.Looks pretty cool to me,and I'd definitely be interested in this one,some of my other bc buddies might also be up for it.

thumbs_up.gif

It's probably better in mid-winter. We had to negotiate a lot of refrozen avalanche debris later in the year. I was skiing in invernos, which proved to be annoying too.

What I was hoping to do is start at Timberline and take at least 2,preferably 3 days, and do some yo-yo skiing around the Mt.

I'd like to do it in Late January into February. I am pretty open to anything though

It's on my list too. A couple of friends and I plan to do it this winter. The more the merrier. I'd also consider a 1/2 traverse some weekend to scope it out.

If you're interested we're heading up to White Pass this Thurs -Sat and/or Sun. We could talk some more then.

Why don't you send a PM w/ your email address?

Sounds like a good trip, let me know when you guys are trying it, I am game for a long weekend around the hill on the boards.

lb