Jim McDermott

catbirdseat

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think McDermott is a piece of shit. Nice of him to shit on American military success instead of getting behind them and saying "good job." Everyone in Washington, D.C. should have the mindset of getting out as soon as possible. This latest event is one step towards that goal. Pat them on the back and take the next step.

Heck, even fellow shrill, undersexed square, Norm Dicks says:

"With all due respect to my colleague, that is a fantasy," Rep. Norm Dicks, D-Wash., told Ross after McDermott's comments were aired. "That just is not right. ... It's one thing to criticize this administration for having done this war. I mean, that's a fair question. But to criticize them on the capture of Saddam, when it's such a big thing to our troops, is just ridiculous."

hahaha.gif

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_121603WABmcdermottsaddamSW.a9ee3fae.html

Big Jim says the timing of Saddam's capture is all too "convenient" for the Bush administration. What do y'all think of that?

I have to admit the timing is perfect for GWB - just before the holidays and less than a year before the election. Wonder how long they kept him in that hole.

Big Jim says the timing of Saddam's capture is all too "convenient" for the Bush administration. What do y'all think of that?

I think that he'll be getting an effusive thank-you note and a box of chocolates in the mail from Karl Rove, along with a reminder to "Keep hammering away on that TurkeyGate thing - it's working for you - really."

I'd say McDermott didn't sound very good in that radio interview, and whenever he says something like that on a day when everybody's waiving the flag, lots of folks including some here are going to go berserk so he may not be showing good common sense either. But would it be any surprise if he is right, given the Administration's manipulation of the facts and their blatant lies ever since the beginning of this thing? Remember the aluminum tubes that experts agreed could not be used for centrifuges, the African uranium purchase that our own intelligence guys told the president had never happened, the terrorist training camp that didn't exist at all, Jessica Lynch, the faked shot of the President on the aircraft carrier with a sock stuffed in his drawers, ....

Yeah, congrats are in order and I'm glad they got him. I hope Roark is right that this brings us one step closer to resolving this thing but, pardon me, I wouldn't doubt for one minute that they would manipulate the timing or circumstances of the capture for politcal advantage.

i am glad jimbo is speaking out against the mindless repub-bots that most of you are!! atleast he gives thought to other possibilities.

when i first saw the pics of saddam, i knew he was not the leader of iraq at the time. i knew he was a prisinor of someone, who i dont know. but saddam has not been in control of iraq like the repub-bots would like to think.

I'd say McDermott didn't sound very good in that radio interview, and whenever he says something like that on a day when everybody's waiving the flag, lots of folks including some here are going to go berserk so he may not be showing good common sense either. But would it be any surprise if he is right, given the Administration's manipulation of the facts and their blatant lies ever since the beginning of this thing? Remember the aluminum tubes that experts agreed could not be used for centrifuges, the African uranium purchase that our own intelligence guys told the president had never happened, the terrorist training camp that didn't exist at all, Jessica Lynch, the faked shot of the President on the aircraft carrier with a sock stuffed in his drawers, ....

Yeah, congrats are in order and I'm glad they got him. I hope Roark is right that this brings us one step closer to resolving this thing but, pardon me, I wouldn't doubt for one minute that they would manipulate the timing or circumstances of the capture for politcal advantage.

The above quote as translated by the antispin computer program:

Hi! smile.gif As the writer of the quote shown above I believe in and propagate the leftist lies all the while accusing the “other” side of lies and distortions.

One example:

“the African uranium purchase that our own intelligence guys told the president had never happened”

What was claimed was that British intelligence believed that Saddam attempted to purchase radioactive material from some countries in Africa.

Note the following:

1 the claim was not that a purchase had been made. 2 British inteligence stands by their information.

PP bigdrink.gif

PP: Our own intelligence guys told Bush's guys NOT to use that "fact" because they said it was almost certainly incorrect. In hindsite, they are trying to find wiggle room that really doesn't exist, except in the minds of somebody (like you apparently) who just doesn't want to believe that Bush would mislead them.

You may argue that it is OK for him to manipiulate information, but it just doesn't fly to try to tell us that they aren't doing so.

PP: Our own intelligence guys told Bush's guys NOT to use that "fact" because they said it was almost certainly incorrect. In hindsite, they are trying to find wiggle room that really doesn't exist, except in the minds of somebody (like you apparently) who just doesn't want to believe that Bush would mislead them.

You may argue that it is OK for him to manipiulate information, but it just doesn't fly to try to tell us that they aren't doing so.

Matt - Please reread my post above. I never suggested that Bush and Co. did not/do not "manipulate information. What I was claiming was that you were spreading false info with regard to "Africa-gate."

I would like to take this opportunity to illustrate again how the "left" constantly feminizes bush. (Why the feminist left isn't up in arms about this behavior is beyond me) I first brought this up in response to Mr Will Strickland and now Mattp is doing the same thing. What is up with the sock? It appears to me to be a symbolic neutering of the man. I believe until it is proven otherwise that everything is big in Texas!

PP bigdrink.gif

Cracks me up how conservatives bag on the left like their own shit doesn't stink. I have news for you right-wingers, the stench from your side is just as bad. The hypocrisy alone is amazing. When it comes to moral or ideological superiority, I'm afraid both the right and the left leave a LOT to be desired.

PP: --snip-- I would like to take this opportunity to illustrate again how the "left" constantly feminizes bush. ---snip-- It appears to me to be a symbolic neutering of the man. --snip--

All I know is that had George been Georgie she would have been one fugly woman.

30.jpg

More images at link.

There's nothing sacred about these people. They're all subjects of ridicule. Of course, they're having the last laugh though, some of them all the way to the bank.

Given the bashing Clinton took at the hands of republicans over a little BJ and cigar-diddling it would seem to me that the GOP is far from inexperienced in the "politics of personal destruction."

I'd not heard about the sock enhancement. Funny stuff (pardon the pun). Aside from this though I thought Mattp raised some valid points.