Ignoring Users: Posts and Private Messages

gapertimmy

This has been a desired feature for quite some time, and now you can turn off the peeps you just can't stand. All you have to do is click on a user's name, and hit the Ignore This User link at the bottom of their profile.

All of their posts will show up as ***You are Ignoring This User*** and they will not be able to send you PM's either. wave.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how much you ignore me I will still be right!

I personally don't want to ignore anyone. What fun would that be?

I considerd ignoring some people. But I am not at all threatend by people with opposing views. I enjoy hearing/reading other takes on the univers. I am glad this is available for those who need it. thumbs_up.gif I will take my cc.com with out a filter wink.gif

No matter how much you ignore me I will still be right!

I personally don't want to ignore anyone. What fun would that be?

I considerd ignoring some people. But I am not at all threatend by people with opposing views. I enjoy hearing/reading other takes on the univers. I am glad this is available for those who need it. thumbs_up.gif I will take my cc.com with out a filter wink.gif

muffy. did you notice the new spell check feature? wink.gif

muffy. did you notice the new spell check feature? wink.gif

I noticed that only the "quick reply" contains the spell-check feature, but not the regular "reply" selection. What's the diff between "reply" and "quick reply" anyway? confused.gif

Also, quoted replies no longer carry the quoted author's username. I thought that was a useful feature that is now "almost" lost. You can see the last person quoted in the thread title box, but if a post contains more than one quote, you don't know who was quoted earlier without going back up thru the thread to read and find out. frown.gif

thats what the re: is for sobo

the "sobo said" is made redundant by the re:

I understand that, Dru. But read my second paragraph again more carefully. While the "re:" works for the immediate quoted post, there is no "trail" for any other quotes contained within a quoted post. You can only find out who's quoting who (in multiple-quote-containing posts) if you go back and research the whole thread. The old system carried all usernames from all quoted passages from post to post. This new way does not. I find that to be a "lost value".

Score = ZERO for reading comprehension. yellaf.gifgrin.gif

Here's an example: Look up a few posts to scott_harpell's reply to MWS. We know he quoted MWS because her name shows up in the thread title box with the "Re:" in front of it. Simple enough. But MWS quoted another post in her post. You don't know who that quote came from, until you scroll back up about four or five posts to find out that it was from Bug. Inconvenient, IMO.

Now expand that scenario to one where people start quoting posts from several pages back in a thread. You can see that it very quickly becomes quite cumbersome to determine who is saying what. As I said before, I find that we have lost value with the way this new "post quoting" function operates.

Edited by sobo