Just a reminder for cc.com users

jon

I've been pretty busy recently so I haven't been following much of what is going on here. There has been some interesting conversation in the Super Secret Moderator Forum as of recent, and I thought it might be time to make a quick public service anoucement.

CC.Com is here for your enjoyment and enrichment, but what might be funny to you or your friends might not be funny to others or even offensive. This is something that you will have to take into consideration from now on if you aren't already. Unfortunately life is all about compromises and in this case your being here is more of a privilege then a right. I think there is this common misconception here that the moderators are here to babysit some of you folks, giving you a spanking when you step out of line, and then allow you back into the room with the rest of the kids with a sore butt and mouth still tasting like soap. That simply isn't the case. The moderators are here to move topics in the right forum and help keep topics on track. The are spending entirely too much time editing people's mindless garbage, let alone talking about how to deal with it. They put more thought about dealing with it then the people generating it. They are NOT here to keep deleting your insensitive and stupid posts and ban and unban and ban and unbad.

I don't mean to ruffle anybodies feathers but there seems to be a few individuals here that just don't seem to get it. Call it survival of the fittest if you want.

Edited by jon

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info, Jon. I have always considered this site a privilege (and a fine one at that), and not a right.

Climbers are by nature a raucous and non-conformist bunch. I believe that the moderators are doing a good job keeping a basically unruly mob in check. Kudos to the Admins and the Mods. thumbs_up.gif

I would just like to echo all of the other responses to this thread: Jon, I want to blow you, and I thank you for admonishing all of those rascals out there who can't behave themselves.

Seriously, you could save yourself a mess of trouble if you simply insist that the moderators' activities are always directed at making sure users are meeting the terms of the users' agreement. Currently, this clearly isn't happening. Valid and important perspectives on issues critical to access and to the maintenance of an adventure element in climbing.....yes, we're talking about bolting here.....are met with BANISHMENT.

For example, this character Pope criticized the bolting of top-rope-sized mixed climbs near Snoqualmie Pass. He was warned through PM to not "hi-jack" threads and the following day, even though he made no further posts, he was banned. Other characters (Jkassidy and Schlangeschmecker) were simultaneously banned "for being Pope". Mean while, others were allowed to threaten physical harm and use incredibly insulting language.

Gentlemen, it is truly a sad day when valid and important issues cannot be discussed on your website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I would just like to echo all of the other responses to this thread: Jon, I want to blow you, and I thank you for admonishing all of those rascals out there who can't behave themselves.

Seriously, you could save yourself a mess of trouble if you simply insist that the moderators' activities are always directed at making sure users are meeting the terms of the users' agreement. Currently, this clearly isn't happening. Valid and important perspectives on issues critical to access and to the maintenance of an adventure element in climbing.....yes, we're talking about bolting here.....are met with BANISHMENT.

For example, this character Pope criticized the bolting of top-rope-sized mixed climbs near Snoqualmie Pass. He was warned through PM to not "hi-jack" threads and the following day, even though he made no further posts, he was banned. Other characters (Jkassidy and Schlangeschmecker) were simultaneously banned "for being Pope". Mean while, others were allowed to threaten physical harm and use incredibly insulting language.

Gentlemen, it is truly a sad day when valid and important issues cannot be discussed on your website.

You see dude,

You are not part of the agenda. All of those type of works are instantly banned, removed, or regarded as insults, or troublemaking.

The truth is that there is no forum here to talk about this sensative issue respectably, or even debate it reasonably.

It's been proved more than 20 times I would guess. Talk about something they don't approve of and be a gentleman then you will be banned.

Fucking losers. Yes that means you fucking loser.

I have abstained from posting recently but think some people making the rules here are purely uneducated and inexperienced at backcountry edicate and logical and traditional values because they are not exposed to them sometimes and are also just proponents of making the world of climbing safe for the masses to carry quick draws in natural mountain environments. In there lies the flaw.

Later. This place sucks lately and I am happy to expose that.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...