• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

RobBob said:

Got any?

A Baretta side-by-side for ducks, and a Charles Daly over & under bird gun. They remind me of many hours spent in duckblinds and in the field with my dad. Fine guns, with fine memories. thumbs_up.gif

I've got a 10-guage "hardware store gun" that my Pappaw had when he was a young dude. My dad and his brother fired it into the ground to see what would happen when they were kids, so it doesn't shoot straight, so I'm told. It's pretty much held together with tape and haywire, but it's a nice memorial to them now that they're all departed.

i once had this blue beal rope. it was my 1st rope below 10mm. i really liked it and kinda used my desire for the rope as a placebo, that when i was tied into it i would send like a mother...and i did!! it always made me feel solid! tho the poor gal wore out real quick...but i still have it and consider it my "experts" only rope. only special and i use it now...tho i have never told him the history of it!

I have a 1896 .3030cal Winchester model 94 and a colt .44 revolver from the the late 1800'... I don't know the exact date on the colt, the barel has some pits, I just acwired it from my uncle... the .3030 i've had for a wile, my grandfather gave it to me, they both where my great grand fathers... He was a doctor in Montana, and the only doctor that would make house calls within 500mile... by wagon no dout....

A whole safe full of 'em. My stepdad collects Win Mod 37 single shot shotguns, probably have 15 of those. Some old Browning A5 "Sweet Sixteen" shotguns that I love, and some .12 ga A5s. An old Fox side by side doublebarrel. An ancient single shot breach action .22 that my grandpa had. A 1911 .45 from the war years. My Remington Mod 600 .243, only made a few years, pretty rare, very compact and light...great weapon for deer in heavy timber.

I'd love to have an old Daley. The neighbor where I grew up had some SWEET Weatherby bolt actions in a few calibers from .223 to .300 weath mag. Gorgeous guns.

And, of course, the Smith & Wesson bolt action .7mm mag from my uncle. Only made those a few years too.

I have a modest collection of assault rifles and I miss it dearly. Once my teenage sister moved in with me, I decided to take them over to my uncles house to store in his safe. It really makes me sad. What's the point of owning assault rifles if you can't keep them on your lap while watching tv? cry.gif