Vulturing Food at Yosemite!

EWolfe

Who's done it, and what did ya get?

I got a pitcher of beer and most of a pizza when some guys realized they had left food in their car just after a bear announcement. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

One of the guys I was with would finish partially eaten portions. I drew the line at that. hellno3d.gif

Free HCL.gifcheeburga_ron.gifbigdrink.gifrockband.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from the occasional piece of fruit, I was never much on scarfing in the Valley, though we made the most of berry season outside.

One time with a small horde in a restaurant in Kanab, UT enroute to Paria Canyon, we eagerly eyed the plentiful leftovers at the next table. The owners noticed, and cooked us up a dozen trout they had caught that day, since they (accurately) figured we were hungry but underfunded. Mormons are funny bunch, but I've been on the receiving end of charitable urges several times, and very much appreciated it.

Breakfast every morning for 3 months in 2000. For 6 weeks in 2002. Usually half pieces of toast, half eaten order eggs, half bowl oatmeal, half of a half-stack pancakes. Occasionally a full piece of fruit. Usually took about 30 minutes to get enough grub for a meal. Best time to show up was right after the morning rush when the busboys couldn't keep up. The plop down at dirty table with grub you want and dig in. Always free coffee (bring a mug) .

Didn't scark much lunch/dinner but smoked out a Degnan's worker summer 2000 and kept getting "whoops I made an extra" sandwiches for free when he was working. Scored a whole pizza at the deli when some lady's kid fell and busted his noggin open. She grabbed the kids, grabbed the sodas, and ran off leaving the pie on the table....better for us to eat it than the snaf.gif

jonah said:

My biggest score wasn't making the vulture rounds. We found an box of Hostess hohos They were probably about 10 years old. We ate all of them, and they were just as bad as if they were new.

OMFG...you pedophile! I scored with a hostess from the Mountain Room restaurant and she was kind of a ho-ho, but I didn't eat her and she was at least 19.....Oh shit, my bad, you were talking about food blush.gif

Charlie said:

Snuck into the buffet 12 nights in a row.

Much higher risk. Get caught scarfing, and odds are you'll just be asked to leave, I don't know that there is anything actually illegal about it. Get caught sneaking into a buffet, and they'll call it theft. Do something like it in the Valley, and it's a federal offense. hellno3d.gif