Poaching Lines

Bronco

E-rock said:

It's interesting that the guys in this thread who are most likely to get first tracks (Dave Parker, Figger Eight, Cletus, Dberdinka) are the ones promoting backcountry ettiquette, whereas the others... well I guess there's not much I need to add. the_finger.gif

actually i told alpinek when he became the mod of freshitz that i would spray all over it!!!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

climberchris01 said:

lI1|1! said:

IF YOU SEE A NICE POWDER LINE AND THERE IS SOME RED TAPE AT THE TOP IF IT IT MEANS IT'S SOMEBODY'S PROJECT SO SHOW SOME RESPECT HOMIES!

fuck you, if you try claiming a stash somewhere and you're no where close to it, it's fair game, you'd better not toss a hissy fit when i rip the shit out of it and you fall the whole way down because I will cut your throat you powder hoarding bitch! madgo_ron.gif

P.s. you'd better be kidding

I think he was pretty serious. You know red tape and stuff... Geek_em8.gifrolleyes.gif

E-rock said:

climberchris01 said:

lI1|1! said:

IF YOU SEE A NICE POWDER LINE AND THERE IS SOME RED TAPE AT THE TOP IF IT IT MEANS IT'S SOMEBODY'S PROJECT SO SHOW SOME RESPECT HOMIES!

fuck you, if you try claiming a stash somewhere and you're no where close to it, it's fair game, you'd better not toss a hissy fit when i rip the shit out of it and you fall the whole way down because I will cut your throat you powder hoarding bitch! madgo_ron.gif

P.s. you'd better be kidding

I think he was pretty serious. You know red tape and stuff... Geek_em8.gifrolleyes.gif

I'M TOTALLY FUCKING SERIOUS YOU SMEGGIN MORON. IF I CATCH YOU POACHING MY POW POW LINE I'M GONNA PUSH YOU IN THE SNOW AND STICK CORN GIBLETS UP YOUR NOSE. DON'T MAKE ME GO INTO THE BACKCOUNTRY WITH A CAN OF CORN MOFO. I'VE GOT A CAN OPENER ON MY SWISS ARMY KNIFE! YA KNOW!

fruit.gif

One situation where poacher killing is justifiable homicide. You do the work of breaking a trail in and some lame ass (probably most of YOU) hangs back til the top. Then flies through to hop on the freshies. mad.gif It's completely acceptable to chase them down, gut'em and leave the carcass for the snaffle hounds. shocked.gif It's also permissible to sell their gear on E-Bay. smile.gif

Bronco said:

I'm kinda new to the backcountry ski scene but, this seems pretty stupid. Is it necesary to obtain permission from anyone standing near a potential run to ski said run?

I guess this has been said already...

I allways learned that you should take turns, have a meeting point away from the run out zone, and watch eachothers backs should the slope fail in back country situations. If I see some dude standing around I make sure his beacon is on and he knows whats up.

Poaching a line in bounds though is open season, if you can catch me the_finger.gifbigdrink.gif

iain said:

in-bounds? it's thunderdome baby yellaf.gif

This is a no shitter.... Last weekend My buddy was boarding in front of me, and I always lead... anyways I skied up by him and body checked him face first into the powder... hahaha, I'd probably do the same thing to him in the back country though... hahaha.gif

Fejas said:This is a no shitter.... Last weekend My buddy was boarding in front of me, and I always lead... anyways I skied up by him and body checked him face first into the powder... hahaha, I'd probably do the same thing to him in the back country though...

I was skiing nicely at Kirkwood one day when I hear someone yelling over my shoulder "Hey Man Watch Out" and turn to see an out of control snowboarder aiming right for me. He hit me, bounced facefirst into the fresh snow, and I kept on truckin'

bobbyperu said:

all this bullshit about what you would... make your decision at the time, depending on the circumstance... my comments were directed towards little whining #$%^s that would sweat it. every sitchmo is diiffernt, every person is diff, do what you feel is right and be ready to put a crying little #$%^ in his place... or make some happy little friends, and you can all spoon down the slope together weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rolleyes.gif-bp

apparently by the amount of P.M.s and censoring and threats of banishment i've recieved for these satements, which by the way have been edited by someone else, i would like to say in no way did i mean any disrespect towards any woman. my thoughts were that i don't like complainers, whiners and i used some words... just words, that offended some people. i really don't care about how i'm percieved on this site, i don't try to come across as some sort of tough guy... if you climb with or hang with me you'd know that. heres an idea, when you see somethin posted by that fuckin asshole bobbyperu, look away children, look away... cause i'm just an woman-hating, brobonic spraying, totally negative, uncontributing tough-guy... right? yours truly-bp

bobbyperu said:

all this bullshit about what you would... make your decision at the time, depending on the circumstance... my comments were directed towards little whining #$%^s that would sweat it. every sitchmo is diiffernt, every person is diff, do what you feel is right and be ready to put a crying little #$%^ in his place... or make some happy little friends, and you can all spoon down the slope together weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee rolleyes.gif-bp

apparently by the amount of P.M.s and censoring and threats of banishment i've recieved for these satements, which by the way have been edited by someone else, i would like to say in no way did i mean any disrespect towards any woman. my thoughts were that i don't like complainers, whiners and i used some words... just words, that offended some people. i really don't care about how i'm percieved on this site, i don't try to come across as some sort of tough guy... if you climb with or hang with me you'd know that. heres an idea, when you see somethin posted by that fuckin asshole bobbyperu, look away children, look away... cause i'm just an woman-hating, brobonic spraying, totally negative, uncontributing tough-guy... right? yours truly-bp

Damn I can't believe how much of a tough guy womanizing asshole you are. yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif. Jeezus, you were joking about getting all types of PM's, having your post edited and threats of banishment right? Please say you were joking.

But if I came across a friendly party of back country skiers on the top of some knob or hill and they were obviously getting ready to ski and not sitting on their asses having lunch, I'd respect the fact they got there first and ask if it was ok to take a section if there was room. I can't say I would give boarders as much respect as skiers though, as they (not all) do tend to trash a bigger section of slope than skiers who spoon tracks.

Your assumptions about snowboarders are gay. If I snow shoed up and you dropped my line as I was takin a break cause you don't think I'm qualified to make turns to your liking, be prepared to have 2" paddle marks imbedded in your back when you're "touring" out. boxing_smiley.gif Fuckin holier than thou skiers.

And Bobbyperu, you're a wank! wave.gif

that's just to clear out the posse of junior high snowboarders sitting right in front of the gates to the line just chilling out as far as I can tell. The best is when 5 of them try to get on a 4 person chair. "This should be interesting" says my friend yellaf.gif

yelrotflmao.gif

Except that what happens is the one kid that didn't make it on the chair ends up going up on the next chair BY HIMSELF because the next people are a group of four.

Then when the kids get called on the shit they say that "the people in the singles line have to get a chance too" not getting that the single line doesn't give you the right to go to the front of the line.

Jesus, I need to get a beacon and leave the freaking ski lift thing behind. rolleyes.gif

But if I came across a friendly party of back country skiers on the top of some knob or hill and they were obviously getting ready to ski and not sitting on their asses having lunch, I'd respect the fact they got there first and ask if it was ok to take a section if there was room. I can't say I would give boarders as much respect as skiers though, as they (not all) do tend to trash a bigger section of slope than skiers who spoon tracks.

Your assumptions about snowboarders are gay. If I snow shoed up and you dropped my line as I was takin a break cause you don't think I'm qualified to make turns to your liking, be prepared to have 2" paddle marks imbedded in your back when you're "touring" out. boxing_smiley.gif Fuckin holier than thou skiers.

And Bobbyperu, you're a wank! wave.gif

What makes you think you will ever catch a skier on yer snowboard or snowshoes? yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifrolleyes.gif