Brrr....

scott_harpell

So, I left south Langley about 10 or 11 and biked down to the ferry, biked the 12 km to the park entrance to the Golden Ears entrance and made a nutritious dinner of mac n' cheese (never tasted so good) and smoked a fag. continued the 12 km to the trailhead. got there and grabbed some Zzzz's after hitting up the rasta bivy kit. woke up about 1:30 and headed up. it was easy route finding as everyother tree has a reflector wich shines out at you whenever your headlight hits it. rolleyes.gif got to alder flats and hit got some breakfast then proceeded up to the cabin and started towards the sumit pyramid. i got to a place where there was some moderately steep snow and pussed out after looking at the way heinous landing 1,000 down and turned around. walked down to alder flats and felt like passing out. finally made it to my bike. (the last 5 km were bruuuuuutal). every little hill on the way back made me wish i had a gun to end it there. i was cramping up badly despite the fact that i was as hydrated as i could expect to be after doing this. and the last hill before home i was screaming out loud. got home a couple of minutes ago, had a beer and i am gonna sleep until i have my final in a couple of hours. hellno3d.gif i figure it was about 72 km bike ride and 12 or so km hike w/ 5,000 feet or so in elev.. fun times and i have mucho respect for erden and goran. cantfocus.gifbigdrink.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fern said:

I've never been up Golden Ears. Gimme a shout if you wanna

go again. I don't have a bike. I will meet you in the parking

lot with a baked potato though. wave.gif

yeah sure thing. there was one traverse that i was kinda sketched on by myself as it was 55* or so of mediocre snow. i think the trail goes on the ridge, but it was corniced and wasn't terribly stable. Lemme know when you wanna go. I love that area. You can get away from the city quick. smile.gif