More good quotes?

Dru

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Behold the Climber

Behold the Climber! He Riseth Up Early in the Morning, and Disturbeth the Whole Household. Mighty are His Preparations. He Goeth Forth Full of Hope/Rope. And When the Day is Spent, He Returneth, Smelling of Strong Drink. And the Truth is not with Him!

-unknown

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leak in your tire. -unknown

"Where has Capt. Caveman gone?" he cried. "I shall tell you, We have killed him-- you and I. We are all his murderers. But how have we done this? How were we able to drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What did we do when we unchained the earth from its sun? . . . Has it not become colder? Is more and more night not coming on all the time? Must not lanterns be lit in the morning?"

rolleyes.gif" border="0

They had all the right selection, they were poisoned by protection... They were lost in rock formations..." Neil Young, "Thrasher".

Anybody got the full lyrics ofthat post them lots seem to be about climbing. The rest is about evil harvesters and that evil Kneivel jump of the Grand Canyon?

Mid-August at Sourdough Mountain Lookout

Down valley a smoke hazeThree days heat, after five days rainPitch glows on the fir-conesAcross rocks and meadows Swarms of new flies.

I cannot remember things I once readA few friends, but they are in cities.Drinking cold snow-water from a tin cupLooking down for milesThrough high still air.

Gary Snyder

"We poison each day by worrying about the next." -Jacqueline O.

"Happiness is a choice." -ex squeeze

"I get butterflies the first couple of days on a big wall." -Big Lou

"Free is when you don't have to pay for nothing or do nothing." -FZ (from TEEN-AGE WIND)

It's a long time coming, it's a long way down, it's long division, crack and divide. this is a parting, some separation, we lay in pieces, cracked to survive. i'm not your villain, not your adversary, i'm not your reason to crack and divide. it's long division, crack and divide.

[geek] Shouldn't that be subtract and divide?

I'm a band leader. Not only can I drink a whole lot, but I play 23 different instruments , too and I don't even know how to read music. Self-taught, you know. Couldnt tell it, though, to hear me play. When I play and sway in rhythm to the catchy little tunes that I know girls for five miles around get hot pants for me, hotcha!

Last night was pretty good for a Wednesday. We got ten requests for, we got Bill Bailey, and we played them all and we got seven people came up for the twist contest. I gave away a box with two small bottles of champagne imported from Europe (heh) and kissed the girl who won and shook hands with the guy she was with. He didnt mind when I kissed her because I'm important.

We have a new routine. Been working on it for three weeks or more. I pretend I'm a queer and the sax player pretends he's a queer, too, and later on in the show, (thisll kill ya) we kiss each other so that it looks to the audience like we kiss each other on the mouth. (heh). When we go... into a fast number, GOD, the people love it! Wait... till... we... get to Las Vegas!