hangin in the breeze

Slide

got a little bored and decided to check out the mountain hardwear site. Who knew that they made kilts? Thinkin about buying a pair for those hot days on the rock when a little extra airflow might be nice cool.gif" border="0 Then again, 85 bucks is a little steep for a skirt.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Kilts...

The men on my cycling team use "kilts" quite regularly, when changing at the track (Marymoor Velodrome) much to my dismay, they work so well that it is harder to get a free show.

Of course the first time I saw them putting them on I though "what kind of people have I gotten myself involved with now... kilts?!?!?" Now I am impressed enough that I am thinking of getting one for myself to use while climbing into MY skinsuit.

Hey Pope...yeah it's Pike, and that's the best Scotch Ale I've ever tasted, I'm with you.

Icegirl..what kinda modest pansies are you riding with? I don't know much about cycling (except that I can crash my mtn bike with the best of them), but the high school and college wrestling I did often had a public weigh-in. Most dudes hit the scale in their underwear unless they were really close to weight and it might make the crucial difference. Me on the other hand, I'd strip to the buff before jumping on the scale just to get a reaction out of the suburbanite moms in the crowd. Coaches and teams only weigh-ins were a little different, one year I could have wrestled a class lighter than I was so I could hit the scales fully clothed with a winter coat on, still got naked for the State tourny weigh-in. More red faces in that gym than an indian bar.

quote:

Originally posted by Slide:
got a little bored and decided to check out the mountain hardwear site. Who knew that they made kilts? Thinkin about buying a pair for those hot days on the rock when a little extra airflow might be nice
cool.gif" border="0
Then again, 85 bucks is a little steep for a skirt.

How the hell do you put a harness on over your kilt? Or if you put it on underneath, doesnt the kilt get in the way of the gear loops?

[geek]