PC: lemming see, lemming do

klenke

marylou said:

Cpt.Caveman said:

the mountaineers have way more women that cascadeclimbers HCL.gif

I wonder why more women don't post here.

It is puzzling.

Perhaps it because there is open hatred toward women on this site.

Just an observation.

If you left and took all the women with you, most of these guys would get more bored than early winter. We can't help it. Well not all of it. It's just too easy to sit in this chair and plink away with no repercussions. Without spray, this site would be too boring. Without a few women, we would all resort to crass injustices without controls or buffers of any kind. Consider yourself the police of the internet and all men criminals. More importantly, do not underestimate the influence you have on this board.

Watch it spray. wave.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not open hatred towards women here on my part.

Gals like Michelle and Holly are prime examples. I like them both and Holly is kinda cute and climbs El Cap so get over it... Michelle is tough as nails and is willing to do some cool stuff and share great experiences that I respect.

I dont mind Icegirl either. Never had anything to say bad about her....

Minx- well whatever I dont know here.

Muffytheflirtmaster- dont know her either.

I think your remark is delusional and or without base.

Leithal (sp) met her once never had a problem..

More chicks posting is ok by me.

There are some cool chicks in the hills as far as I am concerned. I just dont seek anyone's approval on my comments toward any womans remarks just like a man. I dont pull any punches and am pretty fair when I make them...

I guess I could name more..

As a matter of fact Holly, Bruce, Eddie and I did a weekend trip of climbing in the mountains where Holly was leading pitches. It was fun and we all got along so do the world a favor and STFU. MMKAY!

I think Wal-Mart.com sells cans of Shut the fuck up for cheap wazzup.gif

Marylou, the big difference between you and the other women of cc.com and the men for that matter is you frequently make imperative statements telling others what you think they should do. Guys like Cavey use the word "I" as in "this is what I believe" or "this is what I do", but they don't constantly go around telling people you should do this or you should do that. That's why he is repected and...

marylou said:

Look, it's not about individual women, or who is cool and who is not cool.

All I'm telling you is that the place is not generally inviting to women. You wonder why there are not more, there is your answer. rolleyes.gif

allison, "not inviting to women" is a lot different than having a "hatred of women" consistency please! this may not be the easiest place if you're female but really, it's not that tough imo. as has been pointed out many many times, if you're not happy, comfortable, pleased, entertained by your time here you can read another board or pick and choose more carefully which posts you read here. it seems that the spray has been dwindling in the good climbing threads.

I feel pretty confident we can collectively shout down Allison's complaint of misogyny, and individually distance ourselve from the culture of sexism around here. But it's apparent that it's de facto a boy's club--any day of the week in spray you'll find at least one blatant chance to indulge in stigmatizing women and a few subtle ones. I've certainly indulged a few times.

The women that don't let it bother them deserve to be congratulated, but it's just wrong to criticize Allison or anyone else for simply pointing out the obvious.

bigdrink.gif

arlen said:

I feel pretty confident we can collectively shout down Allison's complaint of misogyny, and individually distance ourselve from the culture of sexism around here. But it's apparent that it's de facto a boy's club--any day of the week in spray you'll find at least one blatant chance to indulge in stigmatizing women and a few subtle ones. I've certainly indulged a few times.

The women that don't let it bother them deserve to be congratulated, but it's just wrong to criticize Allison or anyone else for simply pointing out the obvious.

bigdrink.gif

you are right on thumbs_up.gif

klenke said:

I'd like to point out that: we're being watched. The Mountaineers are aware of us being aware of them. Their spies are in our midst just as ours are in theirs. We might have to do a blood test like in that movie "The Thing" (the 1982 Kurt Russell version). yellaf.gif

I think it's funny that other sites are all up in arms about what goes on over here. It's like junior high or something. What a bunch of fuckabouts. hellno3d.gif

catbirdseat said:

It seems, klenke, that you have appointed yourself the official CC.com liason to the Mountaineers. We can count on you to keep us abreast of all important Mountaineer activities. hahaha.gif

I'm sorry, I'll have to pass on that one. Mountaineers MisManagement don't like me. cry.gif