Teles take over mt Bachelor!

Lambone

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a 2-day tele clinic up here this weekend, thus the influx of people stretching calves in lift lines, and doing unnecessary turns right down low close to the chair yellowsleep.gif

saturday was effin sweet. 5" freshish, grotto run, yummy. for some reason people weren't here early on saturday, but the masses came out on sunday, 2" not as good but still plab for the stab. cletus and i wen't over to tumalo after an hour at bachy, excellent skin up, didn't see a soul, and as we crested the ridge we saw the crowd of 20 or so jong's rippin it up on tummelo. boarders who had boot backed all the way up, n00b tele babes falling and messing up untracked freshish. oh well, it was still stellar, some was gotten, and all is plab.

gapertimmy said:

what really looks pathetic is a boarder post holing up a slope in their moon boots, whilst skiers of all persuasions glide past on skins.

and then the subsequent whining on the way down when you stop at a semi-flat spot since they can't get their ass going again. yellaf.gif

nonanon said:

Boot packing is lame? Nothing's more lame than riding the lifts. It ain't climbing, it ain't backcountry and it sure as hell ain't where the Freshiez roam most of the time. Fuck the resorts. It's like reading a TR from the gym.

hahaha.gif it pays the bills though, it pays the bills

AlpineK said:

There's nothing wrong with resort skiing. It's fun, and it helps you log enough dh time so when you go bc skiing you can rip it up.

Sure, it's fun. Fun like crack. mushsmile.gif

One little taste and you're hooked. ("This snow seems sketchy, let's go ride.") Next thing ya know, you're just another Romper Suited Tosser cruising the groomiez with your pack on. boxing_smiley.gif "I'm really a backcountry skier. No, REALLY I am! Lookit my bindings!"

cj001f said:

iain said:

you see a guy with a "patrol" pack on lift serve, 99.5% of the time when you look down you will see tele bindings yellaf.gif

Hmm.. the head patrolers at both of the major Mt. Hood ski areas tele...

Are you referring to Mr. Tripp? If I was his caliber of skier and had to patrol Timberline every day you better believe I'd get bored enough to make the switch! yellaf.gif