Lillooet Photos 12/6, 12/7

jja

First pitch rambles right

Lillooet_12-7-03_001.jpg

Me on upper pitch rambles right

Lillooet_12-7-03_006.jpg

TimL on upper pitch rambles right

Lillooet_12-7-03_019.jpg

Fred_Rogers getting excited (aka "the ice boner")

Lillooet_12-7-03_024.jpg

Shreddie

Lillooet_12-7-03_026.jpg

Carls Berg

Lillooet_12-7-03_030.jpg

Synchronicity

Lillooet_12-7-03_031.jpg

Icy BC

Lillooet_12-7-03_033.jpg

Deeping Wall

Lillooet_12-7-03_035.jpg

No Deductable

Lillooet_12-7-03_036.jpg

TimL on Pink Cadillac

Lillooet_12-7-03_046.jpg

Me on Dihedral (just before I knock the entire thing down while on tr, he he)

Lillooet_12-7-03_067.jpg

Movie: "Fuckin solid 'eh"

Movie: "I'm how fuckin' old !!??"

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend and I drove into the Bridge River. Didn't climb anything. Most everything was very thin at least in the lower sections. Didn't get a great view of NnG due to clouds but the lower approach pitches looked quite rocky. Plenty of water around, just need consistent cold and all will be fat. There isn't much snow either.

ken4ord said:

Nice job with the pics. Thanks for posting them. Hey you all familar with Lillooet where is the cheap place to stay around there?

Mile-0 motel. Ask for the "Ice Climbers special" I think it's $49 a night + $4 CND per person after that. Decent hotel with cable, mini fridges, coffee machines and laundry.

Eat a Dina's Greek place. Ask TimL about how large a large lasange is... HCL.gif

The photo of synchro I posted is the best I have, shot from the car window while in a hurry (didn't want anyone to rear end us while stopped in the middle of the icy road). Fred's right in that there didn't look to be anything I'd call ice below the obvious ice in the picture. But I've never done this route before, so I don't really know what "in" looks like from the road. But I do know that when I was up there two weekends ago with cavey that long rightward diagnal pitch was just a wet streak. It's supposed to be cold all week too, so I suspect lot's of stuff will be coming into shape for next weekend. Synchro is for sure on the winter tick list.

wave.gif Fred, the picture I had of you leading shreddie got deleted somehow, so I posted the "excited " picture instead. Seriously, there are beacuoup pictures, I'll burn them all on a cd at full res and send it to you at work, then you can give them to tim too. Thanks for driving again !!

jja said:

The photo of synchro I posted is the best I have, shot from the car window while in a hurry (didn't want anyone to rear end us while stopped in the middle of the icy road). Fred's right in that there didn't look to be anything I'd call ice below the obvious ice in the picture. But I've never done this route before, so I don't really know what "in" looks like from the road. But I do know that when I was up there two weekends ago with cavey that long rightward diagnal pitch was just a wet streak. It's supposed to be cold all week too, so I suspect lot's of stuff will be coming into shape for next weekend. Synchro is for sure on the winter tick list.

wave.gif Fred, the picture I had of you leading shreddie got deleted somehow, so I posted the "excited " picture instead. Seriously, there are beacuoup pictures, I'll burn them all on a cd at full res and send it to you at work, then you can give them to tim too. Thanks for driving again !!

Now no one will believe my on-sight naked solo of it! cry.gif

its a WI6 just right of the rightmost rambles, not the central rambles that everyone calls the righthand yellaf.gif

what a horrible picture of carls berg by the way, thats even worse than mike layton's picture of the telephone pole in front of yak peak!

Dru said:

its a WI6 just right of the rightmost rambles, not the central rambles that everyone calls the righthand yellaf.gif

what a horrible picture of carls berg by the way, thats even worse than mike layton's picture of the telephone pole in front of yak peak!

re: rambles. I call the gully with the low angle start and the big honking tree in the middle of the ice, "rambles left". The gully I posted the pics of I call "rambles right", and the gully to the right of that (the one with the long annoying low angle second pitch) "rambles right-right". I suppose left, center, right makes more sense.

re: carl's berg. Horrible pic I know, through car window from the road, but I figured if anyone was interested in how this was shaping up, it's better than nothing.

btw, as i was driving by yak early nov there was ice everywhere. i mean there were at leat 100 ice climbs between hope and golden. most of the ice on yak was looking easy, but yak crack looked very interesting with ice on it.

dru, i though shreddie was 5+.

anyway, don't get it why people pop a big wood over synchro. i mean what is a big deal about a 2 pitch wi3+? hahaha.gif synchotron looks way better. and loose lady is way more fun to climb, specially if it is thin.

Bob,

Don't dumb down Syncro just because its easy for you. I still think its forms up as grade 4 most of the time. Mostly the last 50 feet can be tricky but that doesn't mean its not grade 4. Also I have climbed shreddie when it is grade 6 and when its grade 5. You of all people should know it depends. Also The Synchrotron is a good climb but not as good as Syncronicity, Although it does offer some harder climbing.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

and it's only like 1,000 km from hope to golden bob hahaha.gif

some secret full length ice route on yak was done by tami knight and dave harris way back when but i heard it was mostly powder snow over granite slabs... anyway why do a fwa of yak crack when that thing is enough of a choss pit in summer. you could climb the unclimbed turf and bush line that parallels it to the left yellaf.gif

dale, i just think that syncro is not that good of a route. i did some good wi3/4. i just don't think it's that good of a line. shreek i thought was much, much better. so was loose lady. but that's just my opinion.

as far as shreddie, yeah grades don't mean shit, i know. i have never seen this thing form to the ground. nor the theft. is shreddie climbed as mixed then? when i saw some ice on shreddie i thought it looks pretty tough for wi5 or 5+, but then again i am a wanker. i think there are only 2 real grades on ice. something i can do and somethin i will not get on... bigdrink.gif

as far as the theft i thought if it keeps getting bigger might go and check if it would go as mixed.

dru- the ice on yak was for real, there was no snow on it at all. yak crack looked really good as ice climb, i shit you not. there were several good looking lines before revelstoke. most likely they just get burried in snow later in the season. also around roggers pass!!!!! i was going to drive back there, but then it started snowing. all of these lines are under big avalnche slopes, but man, talking about some big ice!! some of these routes were like 200m high and steep! anyway i am convinced now that early season is the way to go.

Edited by glassgowkiss