Lillooet Photos 12/6, 12/7

jja

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Wall Wanderer is an awsome route, 6 pitches if it's all in with the third the giant curtain crux. I got rope gunned up it 3 years ago and would love to go back and do it with a little style this time. For sure the best thing I've been on in Lillooet.

Dru said:

By all accounts Red wall Wanderers and Tre's Burly are better than anything listed so far. Not that I did either of them...

tres hardly forms, maybe this year? how do i get to red wall wonders, i tried to find it once and i couldn't. maybe it wasn't there? any betta? is tres visible from the road high on the right side of the canyon (forgot the name of that creek)?

The approach for RWW is the same as for tres burly, just continue up the gully / drainage for another 45 minutes or so, until the cliffs and trees on the left open up with a steep slope through a cleft in the cliff system (there is a big tree about halfway up the slope). Go to the top of this slope, and only now will you see the route to your right. The whole approach took us about 2hrs, with a couple of mistakes.

I've been told by my partner at the time that you can see RWW from the top of tres burly.

By the way, the crux curtain has a bolted overhanging rock start if you choose. It starts behind the curtain in a little cave thing, then meets the ice about 1/3 of the way up the pitch. Don't know if this has been done yet, but I remember seeing the draws hanging from the roof, and thinking omfg !!

First two pitches are 3/4, then the 5 curtain, then another pitch of 4. The last two pitches weren't in when we were there. I remember gilles had a copy of R+I or climbing with the route and approach beta.

Gilles moved back to france last year, but maybe he remembers more than me if you want more beta.

gilles_vandenbeuck@yahoo.com

Edited by jja

RWW, Playin Hooky, Tres Burly and Sweet Cinnamon are all in either Copper or Cinnamon Creek. Look on the ice map already!

As for me - this year I wanna do Twilight Tiers if it comes in thumbs_up.gif 7 pitches all 3 and 3+ with no slog approach sounds like fun. I'd like to find Duffy's Delight too but even Lyle doesn't really know where that one is cause it almost never forms.

Dru said:

RWW, Playin Hooky, Tres Burly and Sweet Cinnamon are all in either Copper or Cinnamon Creek. Look on the ice map already!

Sweet Cinnamon is in Cinnamon Ck. The others are in Copper Ck, sortof opposite Loose Lady. Tres Burly had reasonable amount of ice, but I don't know what it looks like 'in' so I don't know how much more it gets.