Vasque Super Alpinista?

PSD

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can afford these boots and stand the wait (see post above mine) then your mind is probably decided. I've seen one pair in my life and they were fastened to an cocky gear rep who was falling his way up the Standard Route at Frankenstien. He seemed to like them, he spoke glowingly about them at the belays. To this day I haven't seen them in a store or on any non-connected people.

speaking as someone who definitely does not work in the footwear department at the unmentionable co-op, these boots look like the wave of the future. if you've heard of the montrail ice-9, vasque is pretty much copying their integrated plastic idea, and kayland is following up with a version as well. I think the reason vasque is taking so long is that the moment they heard about the ice-9 they said "oh crap, we've gotta do that too," but didn't have the technology prepared. so they formulated a launch to get people excited and keep them from buying montrail's product. anyway, both the alpinista and the super alpinista should be pretty nifty, and may even (but don't hold your breath) be available in a women's last!

Ugh.

I am barely a member of the media, and when I see post like ain't_this_great's, I never want to shop retail again.

Please, please, take your own time to take advantage of he Internet. Do your own research, ask questions, go to the manufacturers, ask questions again. At this point, anything that is coming out in the Spring is out there for the asking, and the buying public wants to know. Tell them.

Here, I'll even give you a thing to start with:

REI Quarter Dome.

Go find out what it is and get back to me when you know why this is a piece of gear worth knowing about.

marylou said:REI Quarter Dome.

Go find out what it is and get back to me when you know why this is a piece of gear worth knowing about.

Marylou-

If the information is "out there" why don't you share it with the rest of us poor plebes who are not part of the elite outdoor media circle.