4 season tent

cluck

snaf.gif skin tents from Varmit mountain werks with built in down Stephenson's Warmlite air mattress with The North Face Met 5 heater technology in the canopy, softshell ground access hole available in two colors, dirt or money.

cantfocus.gif go for double wall for versatility and comfort in all season, all altitude outings, but a light four season double wall tent can be around six pounds and even as low as three pounds. a four season, double wall, two person shelter worthy of denali at three to six pounds that also works great camping at the coulee in the summertime...

stephenson's warmlite, the hilleberg hoop tents, some of the garudas and the tnf westwind (if you can find either of these) have good room to weight to strength to versatility ratio..

hoop tents give lots of room for their weight, usually have a good vestibule built in, and compare to a single wall I-tent with vestibule in terms of weight and may be more stout and wind shedding in their 'limpet' style design.

I had to retire an I-Tent once, it had just gotten too manky for its own good, too much greasy food aromas, flatulence, and vomit smeared into the canopy over the years to make it very habitable. then the floor delamed so i axed the damn thing.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic