Mommy, why did CC.com ban Pope?

pope

First Dwayner, now Pope is gone. I looked up "arbitary" in the dictionary last night. This is what I read:

Peter Puget said
The turning of an ice condition report into an anti-bolt thread last week was a bit like the cc.com of a couple years ago. Please do not continue to turn threads into antibolt arguments. Since becoming a moderator I have not suggested banning anyone. I had nothing to do with the banning of Dwayner and do not wish to press for the banning of "pope" or some related avatar; however, if you continue to force threads into an anti-bolt discourses I will do so. You can always start a new thread in the general board or in spray if you need to chat about bolts.

Cheers,

PP

I reminded Peter that Pope was only one participant in a recent 29-page thread that evolved into a bolting discussion. I reminded him that the discussion started when a number of climbers decided to pick just one point from the five points I had outlined about how our sport had been impacted by larger numbers. Apparently, climbers here wanted to talk about bolts more than I did. Our moderators aren't going to allow this sort of discussion any more, and I think we know why. LAME!

And then, about two hours after I read my formal warning from Peter, Pope is banned from contributing and sending private messages. Welcome, oh Dark Ages.

Edited by jkassidy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You see, Jimmy. Some people are just bad because they never listen to anyone else. They are not viscious or violent people. They just lash out at anyone who doesn't share their perspective. Kind of like a bully, Jimmy. Does that help you understand?

Now run along to school, don't forget your lunch!

I think the gist is that talking bolts is just fine, but start your own thread instead of hijacking others with your single issue. I know this idea has been expressed to you before, so suck it up and take a little responsibility for digging your own hole. Trying to blame the moderators, administrators, or those who take your bait is lame, you're a very intelligent fellow and you know exactly what you're doing.