Stupid Motherf#$@&*s!

willstrickland

So I wake up this morning, look at the outside thermometer , says -40F. A little on the chilly side. Get to work, office seems a little chilly. Look at thermostat, set on 68, says 60. Hmm, nothing a little turbo coffee won't cure. An hour later, temp in the office is still dropping, 50 something.

Guy walks in the door. We're a regulatory office so I get mom n pop homeowners and small businesses coming to pick up permit applications etc. Can I help you? "Nah, I'm just seeing what the temp is like up here. We're ripping out the old boiler and replacing it."

HELLO? This is a complex of about a dozen OFFICES. We work here during the WEEKDAY. Isn't this job something more suited for the weekend? Or after office hours? Or at the very leasy on a day when it's -15, not -40?

madgo_ron.gifSo I'm spraying hard to keep my fingers thawed out. Stupid bastards.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks, dude. Sorry. At least your taking out your aggressions on cc.com rather than the well deserved boiler man. Cuz, that would be, like, really bad. I've never been to Alaska but I can only imagine that the cabin fever combined with a stunt like that would make my mind fog into a homicidal rage.

RuMR said:

Go pick up those candlesticks you were talking about, stack 'em in a circle, go to your paper recycling bin...add paper to circle, ignite!

Presto...a bum's fire!!! Nice, toasty and warm!!! yellaf.gif

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

And you should have also known better to wear a little more than just your prana top to work this am cantfocus.gif

ClimbingH said:

And you should have also known better to wear a little more than just your prana top to work this am cantfocus.gif

Nice! thumbs_up.gifyelrotflmao.gifDon't get much coverage with those spaghetti straps you know.

I've actually got a fatty down jacket, my ice climbing gloves, Sorels, and some windstopper fleece full zip pants I can throw on (and do when it's time to get in the car), but it's not that cold yet, and it wouldn't coordinate with my shirt, tie, and slacks. tongue.gif

We just discussed taking some files and going to the bar in the hotel across the street to have some bourbon and sit by the fireplace.

The ice-fog is thickening up pretty good too. Nasty shit that ice fog, it's when the particulates in the car/fireplace/etc exhaust freezes up and hangs in this toxic cloud. Kinda like frozen smog.