Boulder, CO?

JoeTool

I,m thinking of visiting a friend in Boulder for the summer. I've never been to colorado, so I'm curious(george)to hear your impressions, likes, etc...spray counts too. Whats Boulder like? living expenses,jobs,close placec to climb,shops,BARS,etc...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Boulder is a fucking hell hole with lots of great climbing.

Eldo Canyon rules, Lumpy Ridge rules, RMNP rules. However other than Max, the people who live there are a bunch of fucking retards.

DO NOT LIVE THERE!!!! visiting is ok though. Get up early, and you'll have Eldo to yourself. A side trip to Longmont is fun; check out the turkey processing plant and the trailer trash.

[ 04-03-2002: Message edited by: AlpineK ]

AlpineK pretty much said it all. I wouldn't move here w/o seriously considering the options.

Lumpy and RMNP kick ass. Especially Lumpy.

Bring lots of money 'cause shit ain't cheap. Also make sure to include a pair of sun glasses to google at girls in sun dresses through.

yes joe, i have to agree with the above responses as well, but at least in boulder you are very close to some awesome country. get out of the city and into the mountains and you will not be sorry. head to nederland, ward, eldora, rollinsville, pinecliff, gold hill, lyons, the list goes on and on. you will find that you can escape the bullshit of boulder pretty quickly and there is a lifetime of rock within a couple hours so you really can't go wrong. as long as you don't miss the ocean...

if visiting a friend, just work it so that you can sleep on his couch - rent aint cheap. everyone is full of bad things to say about boulder, but after spending some time there and seeing how much good climbing is within 10 minutes from town you might start to see the appeal. im sure youve heard it all - boulder is a bunch of trustafarians, posers, and pinko assholes. well, there are definitely higher than average numbers of those sorts of people, but there are also higher than average numbers of people who are really psyched, positive, and who get out a lot. eldo, lumpy, rmnp are all sweet - but dont overlook the flatirons - some very cool routes on really unique formations. good luck!

Must post.

Boulder blows. Everything about Boulder blows. Did I say that? Totally with Alpinek. I almost moved there…BIG mistake. The whole time I was planning to move in with my girlfriend, so I was flying out regularly, climbing at Eldo, Lumpy and RMNP. I tried to convince myself it was at least more convenient access than the cascades. Not impressed. Hope you are easily amused. If you are content bouldering, teabaggin’ sportysport, you'll be in your element. Boulder itself sucks. Walk down that tourist walking street...Pearl street...you'll puke.

In the end, I dumped the Chinese girl, stayed here.

If want to move/visit the Rockies, move/vist to Canadia.