On the true nature of cc.comers

catbirdseat

snaf.gif

i thought this was an internet bulletin board that did not necessarily accurately reflect reality, as is much of the internet.

it's been nice to do reality stuff with people from cc.com.

and this site is pretty entertaining while online, isn't it?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will, you don't have a clue where I am coming from. I never said I agreed with this person's point of view. I was just trying to state it, as best I could. The point is we hear all the regulars every day, but here is a voice we don't hear from. My goal was to stir the pot and in that I was successful.

The thought I had this morning is that by posting on this board one develops a completely different perspective than if he just watches from outside. Some would like to think that such a person is "corrupted", but I'd rather submit they are "invested" in the game.

catbirdseat said:

Will, you don't have a clue where I am coming from

Tru dat Catty, youze a straight up OG hustler. As in "Ol Geezer", hustling up the early bird breakfast special and free coffee refills. And thas fo shizzle ma nizzle.

My goal was to stir the pot

Flip that nug over and get the other green hit bro! Nothin like the "other" freeshiez, 'specially when it's the tasty Blueberry x Haze. This is in spray right?

You know I thought about putting it in spray, but decided against it. Who knows?

Regarding the generation gap, we're about the same age, I think. I've never been into trying to fit in with the latest group think. Being intersted as I am in history and geography, mentally, I don't belong to a particular time or place. At times I think I was born twenty years too late.

No but it should be. rolleyes.gif

We went through this discussion about a month ago when we talked about trip reports and dissing other people's stories. Got nowhere catbird. This group is unruly and you gotta have a thick skin and an ability to not take stuff personally most of the time.

I assume since you didn't want to give away the person's gender, that it is yet another female who lerks and thinks all you guys are a bunch of little boys who don't want to share their toys in the sandbox. She's gotta start playing by their rules or ignoring the stuff that is bs. We need more women posting on this site.

i tired to find an mp3 to link but this is all i got....

MOTHER-

Mother

Tell your children not to walk my way

Tell your children not to hear my words

What they mean

What they say

Mother

Mother

Can you keep them in the dark for life

Can you hide them from the waiting world

Oh mother

Father

Gonna take your daughter out tonight

Gonna show her my world

Oh father

Not about to see your light

But if you wanna find hell with me

I can show you what it's like

Till you're bleeding

And if you wanna find hell with me

I can show you what it's

Mother

Tell your children NOT to hold my hand

Tell your children not to understand

Oh mother

Father

Do you wanna bang heads with me

Do you wanna feel everything

Oh father

Till you're bleeding

I can show you what it's

Yea

But if you wanna find hell with me

Till you're bleeding

Mother

Yea

probably another female. it would be good if there were more posting here

i don't think that the girls need to play by the boys rules here. i think that everyone who posts contributes to the overall atmosphere of the site, male or female.

i think the site will continue to be a bit raucous regardless of the gender of the posters. if a lurker can't handle it they're better off finding another board. or they can suck it up, post and contribute to a change in the demeanor of the board.

Yeah, maybe "play by" was the wrong phrase. They need to at least be able to tollerate the way that many of the guys play on the site, write it off as guys being guys, and be aware that if it is directed at them they can choose to spray back, laugh at it, or ignore it.

ehmmic said:

Yeah, maybe "play by" was the wrong phrase. They need to at least be able to tollerate the way that many of the guys play on the site, write it off as guys being guys, and be aware that if it is directed at them they can choose to spray back, laugh at it, or ignore it.

thumbs_up.gif

nothing here stopping someone from posting in their chosen "tone" some of us like boys being boys but it would be good to have a few girls being girls too.

This Mose Allison song reminds me of cc.com:

Sitting there yakkin' right in my face

Coming on like you own the place

If silence was golden

You couldn't raise a dime

Cause your mind is on vacation and your mouth is working overtime

You're quoting figures, you're dropping names

You're telling stories, you're playing games

You always laugh when things ain't funny

You try to sound like you don't need money

If talk was criminal, you'd lead a life of crime

You know that life is short and talk is cheap

Don't make promises that you can't keep

If you don't like the song I'm singing, just grin and bear it

All I can say is if the shoe fits wear it

If you must keep talking please can you make it rhyme

minx said:

ehmmic said:

thumbs_up.gif

nothing here stopping someone from posting in their chosen "tone" some of us like boys being boys but it would be good to have a few girls being girls too.

You mean discussing post thanksgiving shoe shopping? hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif

cracked said:

minx said:

ehmmic said:

thumbs_up.gif

You mean discussing post thanksgiving shoe shopping? hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif

yes and makeup and which hairspray works best for climbing and corridinating my nail polish w/my rope and hair and what color harness makes my ass look fatter and doe my draws match my p'rana top rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

catbirdseat said:

I had an interesting chat with someone in the Chat is so Frikin Suck...Room. I will not say who this person was, but what they said. This person is a lurker who has not posted once. They said that all people who post regularly on cc.com are assholes. Eveyone is abusive and likes to be abused. We're "all mean".

Now I've seen this person in chat before and they admitted to having joined about a year ago. I was trying to explain that not everyone is an asshole, but I wasn't getting through. I asked if they had ever been to Pub Club and the answer was no and they wouldn't want to meet any of you- in so many words-scum buckets, either.

Now it sounds to me like this person is actually trying to get up the nerve to post for the first time. We are pretty easy on newbies, aren't we? Like you get ten or twenty free posts where you get treated with kid gloves.

This person was interested in how people get "kicked out" (banned). They seemed to think it was a pretty arbitrary process. Is it? I said I thought those who got banned generally deserved it.

We talked about climbing gyms. This person hates them. Hates chalk dust, hates rap. We have that in common. There are other things but I don't want to give away this person's gender.

To make a long story short. Sometimes you can learn things and meet new people in the Chat is So Frikin Suck you are all so suck room.

who cares, beyotch the_finger.gif

lurkers can eat a dick HCL.gif

minx said:some of us like boys being boys but it would be good to have a few girls being girls too.

I like "girls being girls" too! rockband.gifrockband.gif

I don't understand why people feel there is a need for cc to be more popular or accesible. confused.gif Who the F#$% cares if people like us or not? the_finger.gif We like us, obviously, isn't that good enough? Or are we so insecure we need validation? Maybe Beck is right, maybe you are all a bunch of pussies. Oh. Wait. He was talking about me there. yellaf.gif

minx said:

yes and makeup and which hairspray works best for climbing and corridinating my nail polish w/my rope and hair and what color harness makes my ass look fatter and doe my draws match my p'rana top rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

The answers you seek: Revlon powder base and a hint of Max Factor rouge. Paul Masson super hold extra. Mary Kay Really Red is an exact match with the Berry colored sheath on Maxim ropes. Black harness will make your ass look fatter if wearing lighter clothing. Best would be black harness on black pants, or medium tone over black pants.

Another option is to coordinate the shoes/nails/rope by choosing the "Evergreen" Chaco straps for the approach, Anasazi Mesas for the climb, "forest green" polish by Covergirl, and the "pine" sheath of Beal ropes.

Ta-ta honey, I'm off to the Pottery Barn for some FABULOUS new candlesticks. wave.gif

willstrickland said:

minx said:

The answers you seek: Revlon powder base and a hint of Max Factor rouge. Paul Masson super hold extra. Mary Kay Really Red is an exact match with the Berry colored sheath on Maxim ropes. Black harness will make your ass look fatter if wearing lighter clothing. Best would be black harness on black pants, or medium tone over black pants.

Another option is to coordinate the shoes/nails/rope by choosing the "Evergreen" Chaco straps for the approach, Anasazi Mesas for the climb, "forest green" polish by Covergirl, and the "pine" sheath of Beal ropes.

Ta-ta honey, I'm off to the Pottery Barn for some FABULOUS new candlesticks. wave.gif

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

thanks! could you pick me up some of those really nifty napkins while you're there? yellaf.gif

Mtguide said:

"It doesn't have to be fun,to be fun..."

-Mark Twight

Also Karl Tobin as quoted by Barry Blanchard in CAJ vol 71, 1988:

It don't have to be fun to be fun.

Some people are too nice to post? Let's hear from those who are too mean to post. Are they too busy slashing tires?

I'm pretty sure most of us who use this site see it as entertainment guaranteed, information sometimes, hidden agendas possible. There is always the game of emotional Battleship, where you keep firing shots to see where you get reaction from someone.

Someone who is afraid to post may be afraid to learn things about themself. False negativity should wash off. I prefer to learn by watching others say stupid things and see when they get hit over the head for it. This site is great for that. But we shouldn't be afraid to speak up ourselves, either. That's dumb. That's how you stay dumb.

If Mark Twight posted here I'd probably be afraid to say anything, too.

Cairns said:

Someone who is afraid to post may be afraid to learn things about themself.

Some people are truly insulted or upset when ridiculed here. Even some of the self proclaimed badass irreverent sprayers get pretty worked up over what takes place on cc.com -- some even complain about what somebody said about them at pubclub or carry a grudge that lasts for several months or longer over something said on this bulletin board. You may laugh it off or say it is OK - but it is pure BS to say that nobody should be offended by anything that appears on this site.