Thanksgiving Tradition

rr666

So how many of you were up at 5am to go shopping on Friday? Not I.

I was up to my other holiday tradition, heading out with my family and shooting guns. Dad just got a new to him .45, also played with a 12-gauge, Glock 9mm, semi-auto 22, and of course my .30-06 rifle. Ahhh... the_finger.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda embarrased to admit it...but I did get up at 5:30 to shop with Mom for a few items on Friday am. What we'll do for our aging parents. She really wanted this particular fake christams tree that already has the lights on it and could save $100 if we got there early. Damn thing was pretty heavy too, so there was no way she could manage getting it on her own.

Funny thing was that she read the ad wrong and the store opened at 8am. So we hit a couple other stores and got some good deals. 50% off on a cordless phone/answering machine and 30% off a memory foam pillow. Yep...I shopped for me. cool.gif

fruit.gif

My mom tried to convince us to go shopping, after awhile my mom and brother actually went to Fred Meyers to buy 50% off socks... i think the deals were probably great, I just don't think I could handle all of the crowds. Hiking around our orchard with no one around was the place to be to keep my sanity.

scott_harpell said:

Necronomicon said:

Celebrated the holiday by ignoring it. Again. Helped that I was in Canada. Those fucking pagans up there have no respect for their roots, but it's nice to not have to deal with all the bullshit and gluttony.

hey dumbfuck! they celebrated it a month ago. moon.gif

Please refrain from personal attacks, or I will be forced to report your behavior to the moderators.

Necronomicon said:

scott_harpell said:

Necronomicon said:

Celebrated the holiday by ignoring it. Again. Helped that I was in Canada. Those fucking pagans up there have no respect for their roots, but it's nice to not have to deal with all the bullshit and gluttony.

Please refrain from personal attacks, or I will be forced to report your behavior to the moderators.

boo fucking hoo.

I spent the day avoiding retail outlets and gluttonously stuffing my face with triptophan. Anyone getting up at 5am to go shopping to get 50% off socks among a bajillion other people get what they deserve. There's still another month before Christmas, people. rolleyes.gif

scott_harpell said:

Necronomicon said:

scott_harpell said:

Necronomicon said:

boo fucking hoo.

I no longer feel safe posting to this website.

Dan_Harris said:

Scott, Where the hell do you go to school that they had class the day after Thanksgiving? confused.gif

ehmmic, good thing you weren't at the Sprawlmart mentioned in the other thread. Oh, and aging parents? yours are younger than mine. grin.gif

Scott goes to school in Canada. Their Thanksgiving was back in Oct.

May be true that your's are older, but mine aren't that healthy for only being 60. Mom had a stroke a couple of years ago and she now reminds me of my grandmother when she was in her late 70s. Thankfully she hates walmart so I don't have to worry about being dragged in there.

A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.

John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder.

John, in desperation, threw up his hand, grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer. For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed.

Then suddenly there was total quiet.

Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer. The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said "I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

Several years ago I organized a Black Friday Canyon Protest at the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon to bring attention to the fact that Snowbird planned to build a 75,000 sq ft structure on top of Hidden Peak (11,000 ft and shrinking).

We got maybe 30 seconds of local news coverage while the idiots racing towards the door at Walmart (kMart, Target, Fred Meyer, or some other shithole) got a big old "hurray team" from the local media.

catbirdseat said:

It's amusing to think that for some people's idea of heaven would be spending eternity shopping in a giant mall. That would be my version of hell. I'd rather take the fire and brimstone, thank you.

The threat of an eternity in a mall is enough to make me mend my ways...

Watch "Dawn of the Dead". It's a brilliant social commentary. Only in their version of hell, zombies are trying to get in to the mall with them.