Stolen in Seattle

icegirl

If you happen to see some crack junkie out selling the following equipment, please kill them for me.

All the following in a non-descript dark blue bag, that looked like it would be holding stinky gym clothes. No fancy markings or anything.

*3 pairs of shoes (Mythos, Syncros, and older style cobras) all size 36*A well used gri gri*A brand new reverso*Chalk bags (one fuzzy white and cream, deer print, one maroon and gold harliquen print) *Size XS metolious fully adjustable harness (black and maroon) *a few locking beiners.

OF course the whole kit is probably in a dumpster somewhere.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After returning from a long weekend involving some aid climbing, I once had my entire rack and a whole bunch of clothing and camping gear stolen out of the (locked) canopy on my pickup truck when I stopped for dinner in downtown Seattle. I searched dumpsters in the area the next day, but found nothing. But I also had kept all my receipts for buying the stuff, and I prepared a very thorough list of all that I had lost. The insurance company paid for the entire loss, less my deductible. I usually get screwed when I file an insurance claim, but this time they came through. Too bad you didn't lose more, because I'm sure whatever deductible you have exceeds your loss (assuming it was stolen from your car)!

quote:

Originally posted by specialed:
Icegirl I feel your loss. I like rock shoes more than Imelda Marcos likes Ferregamos. I'd be fuckin pissed if my rock shoes got stolen. But atleast they didn't make off with any super expensive hardwear or anything.
mad.gif" border="0

yeah thank gawd you caught those guys with your cobra eh????

and i got on crackheadssellinshittobuymorecrack.com and didnt se any of your gear listed....

Sorry to hear that, Icegirl. One year and three months ago almost the exact same thing happened to me: 4 pairs of shoes (including Mythos and Syncros, coincidentally), 2 harnesses plus belay devices, 2 chalk bags in a non-descript backpack stolen from my car. I scoured the area and managed to recover my Gore-Tex jacket, the single most expensive item taken from the car and dropped 100 yards away behind a building. The worst part was knowing that all that stuff is in a dumpster, like you say. My condolences. frown.gif" border="0

Last Wednesday my car was broken into again, and a non-descript backpack stolen. Luckily, no climbing gear, but they had a field day with my girlfriend's credit cards. Maybe now I'll learn not to leave anything visible? Or to get insurance? rolleyes.gif" border="0

By the way, the used sporting goods stores in town were happy to take our list of stolen stuff and our numbers and promised to let us know if anybody tried to sell them, but considering the whole dumpster thing this might not be worth the trouble.

[ 04-02-2002: Message edited by: mmcmurra ]

Thanks for the kind words... Misery loves company.

I checked with the local used gear shops, and they kindly took lists, but I'm sure it's all in a dumpster... (and of course it was trash day today - DAMN)

The Mythos hurt the most. I'd finally gotten them broken in.... Fit like a glove... I LOVED those shoes. Boyfriends come and go, but a nice set of mythos are forever, or something like that smile.gif" border="0

Yeah, I'm guessing it's shy of my deductable, but I'm going to try to hit up my home-owners and see what they say, since it was in my condo's LOCKED garage... Grrrr....

You know, you guys should all buy icegirl a round at Pub Club tonight in an expression of solidarity and grief over her loss. She's got a bunch o' bucks to come up now with to replace her stuff. I know it doesn't replace the gear, but like she said, "misery loves company".

Sorry about those f#@%$wads out there kiping your gear, icegirl. Kinda makes you want to electrify the exterior of your car as a theft deterrent. My sympathies.

[ 04-02-2002: Message edited by: sobo ]

Icegirl , my parents had a lot of trouble with car breakins when they lived in a condo with a locked garage. We found a bag last year in the weeds behind work with rock shoes and harness pluss other odds and ends. There was a Plastic Garden membership card in it so I was able to return it. The owner had not missed it yet so it was freshly stolen. THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHY ALL DRUGS SHOULD BE LEGAL . FUCK THE WAR ON DRUGS!!!!! Good luck Loural mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

Heheheheheh... electrify... yeah...

Sorry I won't be at pub club tonight, too much stuff to catch up on since I spent the day dealing with window replacement, police and insurance.

Last time I interrupted them, I stopped at home just long enought to take a shower and head to work, when I came back down to my car they were running away with a bunch of empty jewel cases and the faceplate to my stereo. (twice in 4.5 years - this is starting to suck) Hmmm... I was lucky I was not packing, I probably would have shot them I was so pissed (and hit a neighbors car or something stupid)

Once a long time ago when I was into diving, someone broke into my canopy (back when I had a truck) and stole some scuba tanks. The loosers took them into the local dive shop, where I had to argue with the owner about the fact that the serial numbers matched my police report. Give them back! Give them back!

The saga continues. The security videos show that it was someone with access to the building (i.e. friends of someone who lives here, or someone who lives here) That's not terribly comforting. Oh Joy. They are turning the videos over to the police. I asked to view them first, so I know who to shoot on sight.

icegirl, if you want to learn how to shoot, let me know. I am with 2nd ranger battallion, us army and know a fair amount about shooting guns. If i don't know about it, i know people who are experts. let me know if you want instructions on how to shoot people in the face. tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:
I had a cop tell me once that if you justifiably shoot someone, make sure and kill them so they can't sue you.

Works for me! Those peckerheaded mo-fos don't deserve to live if they're theiving from me! [hell no] My wife's a former Seattle area copper. She kinda said the same thing, although she said you need to be able to show your "life was in danger". Busting up a car prowl/break-in might not seem to qualify. "...but he came at me with a knife, Officer, and all I had to defend myself with was this .44 Magnum..."