Found on the freeway today:

EWolfe

A cd case that was just sitting there. I stopped, picked it up, and recognized 1 freakin' cd out of a case with about $400 worth of cd's.

I haven't listened to them yet, but has anyone heard of:

Ginuwine?

Tank?

Room 112?

Nas?

AZ?

Killah Priest?

The Ownerz?

Fabolous?

Nick Cannon?

Kurupt?

RZA?

Jesus fuck, the list just keeps going. hellno3d.gif

Where's N by NW to clue me in?

Am I getting old cuz I don't even recognize any of these names?

Guess I better go listen to some of it.

I am afraid, very afraid. hahaha.gif

Guess I'll put an ad in the lost and found....

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just listened to the one album I recognized the name of.

Diggin' The Black-Eyed Peas "Elephunk". thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifrockband.gif

Here's some more I don't recognize rolleyes.gif:

DJ Quik

Loon

B2K

Marques Houston

Chef Raekwon

Genius/GZA

Tweet

Maxwell

Sean Paul

Outkast

Blu Cantrell

wazzup.gif

Think I'll listen to DJ Quik next.

Edited by MisterE

catbirdseat said:

Someone's car got jacked and the perp isn't into whatever it is- tossed it out the window. The guy who lost it is pissed. Turn it in to the police. I would.

Naw, it's like the start of Punch Drunk Love where the hero finds the harmonium at the side of the road.

catbirdseat said:

Someone's car got jacked and the perp isn't into whatever it is- tossed it out the window. The guy who lost it is pissed. Turn it in to the police. I would.

WERD. Some fuckers busted my truck window a couple years ago, and when they couldn't get the CD player out, all they took was my Frank Zappa guitar solo CDs. Did they have a party to shut down or something? confused.gif

So, I called the BPD last night and they connected me to the Stateyz. The Stateyz gave me BPD's address rolleyes.gif

and told me to turn it in during regular biz hours 9-4:30.

I work 4-10's, so I won't get in 'til Friday, giving me a chance to listen to some of this stuff.

This is not without irony. In the last 6 months I have been buying almost exclusively classical music (except for that Kool Moe Dee wink.gif).

Thanks for the heads up on some of these. I give them a go first. thumbs_up.gif

arlen said:

all they took was my Frank Zappa guitar solo

Yo Arlen, if it was the 2 disc set called "Guitar", I've got a copy I can burn for ya. If it was one of the "Shut up n play yer guitar" discs, no can help...my copy got jacked. PM me if you need it.

Man that music WAS NOT tossed out by some car thief. For one, all the music you listed was hip-hop or urban contemp. I'd wager 98% of the car thiefs out there either listen to this genre, or would try to sell it off to used CD places, etc. Some dumb shit probably drove off with it on his roof. I speak from experience because my dumb ass drove out of the parking at Area 51 in Joes Valley with 200 CDs on my roof and when I saw them fall off in the dirt I could have kicked myself. Probably 50 of those 200 ended up with nasty scratches from the sand that worked its way into the CaseLogic book.

And the Black Eyed Peas rockband.gifthumbs_up.gif Outkast are ATL boys and their new album SpeakerBoxx/TheLove Below , well it rockband.gif too.

Sounds like crap music to me. Just bring them in to the police station and have a good conscience that you do not own any of those disks... yellaf.gif

Actually, I have no idea who most of those are either... Definitely not what I listen to. Anyone catch the show at the Showbox last night. Great show indeed!!! the_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

scott_harpell said:

Necronomicon said:

willstrickland said:

For one, all the music you listed was hip-hop or urban contemp. I'd wager 98% of the car thiefs out there either listen to this genre

What part of Idaho did you grow up in, you fucking rascist?

who mentioned anything about race? confused.gif

Who are the predominant listeners of Hip-Hop and Urban Contemp?

Necronomicon said:

scott_harpell said:

Necronomicon said:

willstrickland said:

For one, all the music you listed was hip-hop or urban contemp. I'd wager 98% of the car thiefs out there either listen to this genre

I'm calling reverse discrimination, automatically categorizing someone as racist based on their geographic origin.

scrambler said:

Necronomicon said:

scott_harpell said:

Necronomicon said:

willstrickland said:

I'm calling reverse discrimination, automatically categorizing someone as racist based on their geographic origin.

It is a FACT that anyone from Idaho is a racist.