Joshua Tree in December

ncascademtns

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to head that way for the week of New Year's. I could leave as early as Saturdy night the 27th and would want to be back for work on Monday the 5th, but I might be able to stay another day.

Anyone wanna carpool, or can anyone offer a ride?

• 2 weeks later...

A friend and I are also interested in a ride to j-tree before the 1st. We would be happy to pay for all the gas (beggars can't be choosers). Shoot me a PM if you can provide any assistance. I have never posted on this site before, but I have a feeling I know some of you. Also, no ride back will be needed. Have a good one!

Jens

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I will be headed down to Jtree at the end of this month. I have never been there before so what are some of your favorites at any grade (5.0 - 5.11). I could pick up a guidebook and look at the "stars" but some of the best climbs that I have done in a area only get a star or two (like Tatoosh at Index or Inner Bliss at Tieton) etc.

Thanks bigdrink.gif

Day 1 campground tour: Climb Doublecross, move 30' to your left, top out on dogleg; up and over to backside and climb geronemo...rap to ground. Run over to next formation; climb the Flu. Run to next formation; climb The Flake; yell "that was the shit!!", rap to ground, move to left and climb overhang bypass....that should cover it; if you have any skin left on your tips, do some bouldering or grab a beer and hit on girl with hairy armpits.