Impact study shows climbing damages ecosytems

MtnGoat

I think what my point was that if we did more of that, calling them up to say great job... then maybe the majority of people that use wilderness land would be more involved at trying to help with the problem areas.... I mean some one constently telling me that there is something wrong is discoraging.... makes me feal like whats the F@#%in' point... but I there were more posivitity out in the main stream of these topics then I wouldn't be so synical about it and be more apt to help out more... see were I'm comin' fromm?

[ 04-12-2002: Message edited by: Country Jake ]

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by DOUG LARSON:
Hi Fern,

could you give me the reference to this study. We study everything there is to know about cliffs.

Doug

"Threats posed by Rock-Climbers to birds nesting o cliffs in the South Okanagan"

Proceedings of a Conference on the Biology and Management of Species and Habitats at Risk. Kamloops B.C. 15-19 February 1999, Volume 1. L.M. Darling Editor, 2000.

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

quote:

Originally posted by Country Jake:

What I want to know is why is there always something wrong.... I never here about the scientific studys where they say every thing looks great here... doin' a good job, way to go mother earth... why is it, there always has to be a change in the enviornment... And who say it needs to be changed... do we get to vote on a closer or what... or do enivormentalists who have a polotition in their pocket just get to decide because they think it should be so... I mean just because I think something is in a bad state, does not mean you do, or vice versa.... And if we do get to vote on closers, why isn't it more publicly campaned.... do the rest of you think that we should just sit back and let some tree hugers close down all our favorite spots, even though the majority of us do our best to keep it clean and nice for others (respectful climber and woodsmen)... Ok I'm a little excentric, but I'm serious too...

JAKE, the problem you state is called christianity or probably orgainized religion for that matter.....it tells us that there is always something wrong and that we need to tell others what we see wrong with them too.....it is a brilliant way to control billions of people...even make them kill each other, over principals that if were looked at with any type of skepticism would be so laughable, that you would wonder how people could even get so deep into the bullshit....

but i really dunno

Erik,

I think the 20th century demonstrates that idealism (ie:communism, facism) kills more people than religion. The secular USSR heaped a fairly ugly mess on large portions of Europe and Asia. Additionally, they pretty much dried up the Aral Sea. Can't blame these enivronmental crimes on religion! I think you're scapegoating religion, Christianity in particular. You're right about the "end is near" tactics used by religion though. I think todays environmentalists took a page right out of their playbook! [smile]

[ 04-14-2002, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Fairweather ]

Oh boy! !Religion!. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get on the band wagon.

"JAKE, the problem you state is called christianity or probably orgainized religion for that matter.....it tells us that there is always something wrong and that we need to tell others what we see wrong with them too.....it is a brilliant way to control billions of people...even make them kill each other, over principals that if were looked at with any type of skepticism would be so laughable, that you would wonder how people could even get so deep into the bullshit....

but i really dunno"

You used the same attack that you condemned religion for. "what's wrong with XXX is .............." Look inside yourself for the real problem. Anger doesn't need religion.

I feel your pain.

quote:

Originally posted by Fairweather:

I think the 20th century demonstrates that idealism (ie:communism, facism) kills more people than religion. The secular USSR heaped a fairly ugly mess on large portions of Europe and Asia. Additionally, they pretty much dried up the Aral Sea. Can't blame these enivronmental crimes on religion! I think you're scapegoating religion, Christianity in particular. You're right about the "end is near" tactics used by religion though. I think todays environmentalists took a page right out of their playbook!
[smile]

fairweather, what i meant by my comment...is that angleo christian attitude feels the need to label and catagorize everyting...in a way to be able to put it into importance relvence within it belief system....this is the same system that justified salvery, the holocaust and the spanish inquisition.......

i am sure we could get further into it, but i fugre for the sake of sanity we will not....

feel free to email me if you need more......