New climbing area

Paul_detrick

quote:

Originally posted by rayborbon:
You guys are funny chest beating with all these photos.. There are endless crags out there. You think your crags are gems and they might be but they way you go about it is more childish than spray
[Moon]

Tons of shit like them in the Icicle just nobody wants to walk..

Shut up ray leavenworth sucks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have an area thats not top-secret. i posted the directions and i havent seen anyone there yet. its a short approach and decent granite. im sick of climbing with my overweight wife as a belayer. wont somebody show up?

the post was about renton granite. there are three climbs, all of which were in a semi-established state when i stumbled on to them. its not much but there is room for more and the close proximity to where many live makes it an excellent after work lap area. brief directions are: exit 405 at maple valley enumclaw exit, drive m.v. highway a few miles, then right on 140th. make a left into fairwood greens entrance, another left before the downhill to f.w. elementary. walk to end of ball field, jump fence and decend easy trail. traverse climbers right and you will be right under a nice 5.9 crack, can't miss it and the walk, not worthy to be called approach, is super casual.hope someone else scopes it and has as much fun as i do

gordo, its like gold if you live nearby, and although the routes are best led on gear you could easily set up a tr off one of the many trees. i encourage you to hit it up and rip it up. cool.gif" border="0

When I lived in Utah, I knew of a crag that was similar to the fabled Mill Creek...unknown to about everyone, no guide, few routes but great potential, occasionally a pic would hit the mags and I'd hold my breath hoping the caption didn't give it away. Basically a few hardcore from SLC were the only ones in the know beyond the five or six climbers in my town (of 300) which was as close to "local" for this crag as you get. I;ve seen at least five or six photos of this area in the mags always caption simply "southern Utah". I've told a total of 4 people about this place, 2 boulderers and 2 trad climbers, all good friends and partners. I doubt it would be an issue even if people knew where it was because it's remote, I'm not giving up the stash and it's bomber granite in the high desert. More of an issue is the fact that there is a rad boulder field at the base of the wall. Yes, as an American it's your land too, but so what, you go find it.

been there.

I might give the Renton Granite a try this weekend. I don't have any gear besides rope and quickdraws, I havn't been climbing that long and I can only acquire gear (and the knowledge to use it) so fast. So there are accessable anchors at the top where I could sling some webbing to run a TR?

p.m. is the preferred way to handle these sorts of disputes, afterall you contacted us first and you've taken that quote completely out of context. don't ruin a fine topic with your filthy spray and words of deceit

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

I know the area you are talking about. Total choss but looks good from a distance. Not even worth going there. I heard there are access issues too. Oh and those FAs you have been eying up were probably done back in the 60's but never reported.
wink.gif" border="0

sounds like a suspicious response to me. tongue.gif" border="0