catbirdseat said:

rbw1966 said:

1-Gary Fisher tassajara

1-Bianchi road bike

Stolen from me (in order):

Diamondback Topanga POS

Bontrager that I'd just shelled out 2K

Gary Fisher hoo koo e koo

Good Lord, you are either very unlucky or live in a bad neighborhood. That's got to be pretty hard to take. Bike thieves, car thieves and horse thieves all should be treated the same. Hang 'em high.

All three bikes were stolen from bike racks in downtown Portland. The Bontrager was stolen from a rack not 20 feet from where a security guard sat 24/7. His response "I'm not paid to watch your bike." Now I rent a bike locher. Out of sight, out of mind.

trask said:

Security guards are useless bitches with no, I repeat, no arresting or detainment power whatsoever. They lay a hand on you and you're entitled to sue the ever-lovin' shit outta them. All they really are is watch dawgs.

So true Trask. A buddy of mine is banned for life from Chilkoot Charlie's(http://www.koots.com/) in Anchorage. He was there with the USA Freestyle Team on their way back from Russia when one to the bouncers decided to give the entire team the heave oh. They were leaving trying not to cause a scene when one of the bouncers decided to see how tough a 145 pound Finn was. He woke up after the bouncers called the security people and the APD. The security people were told by my bud to stay out of it or there would be legal ramifications. They were smart and waited for APD and then APD told them to get lost because they were in the way.

Sisu, your story is written very badly!

Who is your friend? The bouncer or the 145-pound Finn or neither? Who woke up? The bouncer or the Finn? Who did the police tell to get lost? The bouncer people or the Finns? Antecedents, antecedents! (And you call yourself a teacher.)

klenke said:

Who is your friend? The bouncer or the 145-pound Finn or neither? Who woke up? The bouncer or the Finn? Who did the police tell to get lost? The bouncer people or the Finns? Antecedents, antecedents! (And you call yourself a teacher.)

There is only one winner in a fight with a Finn, klenke,

THE FINN AND HE WAS 145. By the way fuck off. This is not a lit class and I was in a hurry. Cunt! the_finger.gifmoon.gif

1) '84 Univega Viva Touring

2) '92 B'stone MB 3

3) '00 Jamis Quest

Ride 'em all, love 'em all.

Bought 'em all new. Was riding the Univega awhile back when a strong young woman with killer calves and sweet eyes rode up along side me. We're chitchatting, I'm making her laugh and I'm thinking Wow, what a cool dude I am. Then, guilelessly, sincerely, she tells me that me my bike is "way retro cool" and that her father has one just like it--and then she says, I bet you bought yours new, too, that's so cool you're still out there riding.

Well, at least my tires didn't defalte as well!

Jonathan

klenke said:

What the fuck does it matter Who, what and when...the story was written with a profound life saving message...1) Size Doesnt Matter 2) Dont fuck with a Finn... (Especially Sisu or his Family...they tend to be very passive, but very lethal when woken.....) That last bit is just a personal bit of advice.... bigdrink.gif