June 8-15

Slide

Planning a trip June 8-15th. Was going to do Yosemite, but will probably be too hot. I'm looking for ideas if anyone has any. Something within about 700 miles from portland would be ideal. Also looking for anyone who would like to join. Trip could include mountaineering, climbing (sport, trad, bouldering) or whatever. Oh, I'll be at the spar tomorrow night. I'm Kevin. [big Drink]

[ 04-01-2002: Message edited by: Slide ]

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

you are right the worst time of the year for the valely is between jan 1 all the way till dec 31.....

actually june is a great month........and the myht of it boing too hot is from people who only want to do certain routes and have little sense of adventure....the valley holds many special places and routes and people, enjoy before the park service and disneyland destry it even more......

(note to people) i know i am too one of the many problems the valley faces, these things called human beings are very destructive and selfish...protect yourself from them....they are leachorus....

Specialed is right. Tuolumne is awesome in June with your choice of alpine or cragging on sweet granite. If you feel that you need to cool off, run up the Dana colouir or head out to North Peak ice axe and crampons in hand. The east side offers some pretty nice sport areas that are reasonably cool in the summer too- like Clarks Canyon (Owens will be an inferno unless youre in deep shade).

There are some shady climbs in the Valley that're doable in June as well.