What Animals do you Eat?

RobBob

Thinker said:

Last week's home of pub club, the Kort Haus, had some pretty unique offerings: exotic meat Burgers including Alligator, Antelope, Black Bear, Buffalo, Camel, Caribou, Elk, Kangaroo, Llama, Ostrich, Reindeer, Venison, wild Boar, and Yak.

And Muffy, nice job on spelling 'carniverous'.

quick...someone grab the pagetop!

i wanna open a restaurant that sells human meat. its only fair eh? evils3d.gif I will only use free-range so it is more ethical.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinker said:

Last week's home of pub club, the Kort Haus, had some pretty unique offerings: exotic meat Burgers including Alligator, Antelope, Black Bear, Buffalo, Camel, Caribou, Elk, Kangaroo, Llama, Ostrich, Reindeer, Venison, wild Boar, and Yak.

did I get it right?? do I get a prize???? fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

Thinker said:

did I get it right?? do I get a prize???? fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

nope.

David_Parker said:

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

I was veggie from like 86-94 or 95. It was nice. I liked it. I still eat a lot of veggie meals, but when I want meat I eat it. And my children are carniverous totaly fruit.gif

I'm an "opportunivore".

I eat meat when I have the opportunity, but don't readily seek it out!

that is so true!!!!! I don't like to cook it... but I will eat it grin.gif

fern said:

but I would like to learn about chopping bambi

up into steaks, as like an intellectual exercise.

This statement seems kinda fucked up if you ask me... And thats coming from some one that kills, butchers, and eats 90% of the food in the freezer and the food I consume. its a way of life! if your not going to eat the beast you kill, its life was taken in vain and there is something very wrong with killing based on an intellectual experience. the creatures life ends up with no more meaning than a couple of pages in a book.

Fejas said:

fern said:

This statement seems kinda fucked up if you ask me... And thats coming from some one that kills, butchers, and eats 90% of the food in the freezer and the food I consume. its a way of life! if your not going to eat the beast you kill, its life was taken in vain and there is something very wrong with killing based on an intellectual experience. the creatures life ends up with no more meaning than a couple of pages in a book.

As opposed to a few hundred calories in your stomach. I don't need to rationalize eating animals. If God hadn't meant us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat??

cracked said:

Fejas said:

fern said:

As opposed to a few hundred calories in your stomach. I don't need to rationalize eating animals. If God hadn't meant us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat??

confused.gif

cracked said:

Fejas said:

fern said:

uhm... humans.

Hey Fejas you big Lummox, why don't you come to our "kill bambi" party, You can teach Fern and me and Minx how to butcher the deer and then take your share. The animal won't be wasted. And who knows, maybe Fern would eat the meat if she actually was involved in the killing and butchering. I'll let her speak for herself.

David_Parker said:

Hey Fejas you big Lummox, why don't you come to our "kill bambi" party, You can teach Fern and me and Minx how to butcher the deer and then take your share. The animal won't be wasted. And who knows, maybe Fern would eat the meat if she actually was involved in the killing and butchering. I'll let her speak for herself.

Done! smirk.gif

Fejas said:

fern said:

who said anything about not eating it, what do you think the steaks are for? That would be the whole point of doing it. I can't imagine myself taking any recreational or aesthetic pleasure from the experience of ending an animal's life and then chopping it into pieces. What's left is the intellectual (and culinary) experience of collecting my own food. I've done it with fish (catch, clean, eat), maybe someday I will do it with a deer.

plus rolleyes.gif ... I make bambi joke you laugh hahaha don't take so seriously.

good ones:

white-tailed, sitka, mule deer

caribou/reindeer

elk

moose

bison

wild boar

gray & fox squirrel

cottontail rabbit & snowshoe hare

pheasant

bobwhite quail

chuckar

variety of ducks and geese

almost any fish

so-so:

black bear

pronghorn antelope

ruffed grouse & sharp-tailed grouse

ptarmagin

peccary

ugly:

raccoon

opossum

woodchuck

eels

never touch store-bought cattle, unless travelling way-out.

Love to hunt waterfowl and birds and eat them. Big game mammals are good but hunting is too much work.

It's not the big game hunting that's so much work...it's the dressing. I would say that if fern is really interested in killing and dressing game, then rabbit or squirrel is a better place to start. Rabbit is particularly easy to dress, and if you have a successful hunt, you ought to have two or three to practice dressing out. It's kinda like sailing...if you can learn to sail a small boat well, it's relatively easy to handle a big one. grin.gif

scott_harpell said:

Thinker said:

i wanna open a restaurant that sells human meat. its only fair eh? evils3d.gif I will only use free-range so it is more ethical.

Hey Scotty old boy, its LONG PIG. evils3d.gif

sisu_suomi said:

scott_harpell said:

Thinker said:

Hey Scotty old boy, its LONG PIG. evils3d.gif

no doubt. ever seen gangs of new york? N E who. i have just been getting grossed out by the meat industry lately and i will not eat meat that i did not catch or shoot. it is just disguisting. especially pork or chicken. hellno3d.gif