RobBob

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How could I forget?

Best Thanksgiving turkey I ever had was a wild turkey my brother took the previous spring. Smoked over mesquite and cherry wood chips, so tasty! Usually wild turkey is a little tough and dry, but this one was amazing.

I've got some bros who eat that sea urchin shizz at the sushi joint, they can have 'em.

sorry bout the typing--the first letter of the lphbet is not working on my computer. Just imgine I'm muffy nd trnslte. My neighbor is modern dy scvnger. One dy he invited me over to try out new gourmet specilty. Not sure if they were cutworms or cbbge worms, but bsiclly these things looked like hirless cterpillers bout 2 inches long nd s thick s your little finger tht he'd dug out of his grden. He heted up pn of oil nd threw these wiggling grubs in. They promptly exploded, sending green goo ll over the wlls. I wsn't too disspointed tht dinner ws ruined.

I kill and eat anything legal.

The most tastiest exotic dish was probably calf sweetbreads. My wife and I were at a fancy place in Napa Valley (Greystone Institute I think) and I ordered the sweetbreads thinking it was like frybread or something. After devouring the dish, I told the waiter he had brought me someone elses appetizer but it sure was good. His face turned red then white and he stammered out what it was I ate. I just smiled and said I'd eat pulverized calf brains again anytime. That was good stuff! thumbs_up.gif

Anyone have a good recipie for cow liver or heart? I have a bunch of each and having a hard time finding simple recipies.

One of the best meals I had was Roadkill Fondue at a party in Utah. Apparantly the hosts had hit a deer the day before, killing it. The threw it in the back of their truck and it was really tastey on little forks dipped in boiling oil with lots of different sauces around.

Another time I was sea kayaking in Maine and I forgot to bring a water bottle. I came up to a lobster boat where I noticed they were doing some diving too. I asked if they had anything to drink. They gave me a pepsi and offered me some raw (sushi) scallop. That was really good, so they offered me some raw sea urchin. That was sweet. Then they offered me some lobster. I said I don't know about raw lobster dudes....I know all about lobster and I've never heard of eating it raw! Then they told me the lobster was boiling on the stove in the galley so I had some of that too!

I have never killed something and eaten it, but I really would like to pop off one of the hundreds of deer that visit my property with a bow and arrow. That would be cool. I could practice a 10 yard shot and then stand in the doorway of my barn just about any day of the year and eventually one would walk by. They come in for apples from my numerous apple trees. I heard you have to expect to track it awhile though and they can go quite a way after being shot. That wouldn't be so good in a residential neighborhood. Oh, there goes Bambi with an arrow in him, and there goes Dave chasing it. I guess night would be best, follow the blood trail with a flashlite. I don't know how to skin the sucker though.

Last night I was the joyous recipient of a plate full of spicy beef tendons with bean curd and mushrooms. Needless to say, this morning's movement was quite exciting.

pheasant, quail, rabbit, squirrel, frog, fish, elk, buffalo, antelope, white tail deer, alligator, snapping turtle, moose, ostrich, wild boar, and way too many unidentifiable morsels in various asian dishes.

One time wile still in highschool a classmate talked me into going backpacking with him and his buddy. I was out fishing that evening a brought some tasty trout back to camp to go along with a stew he was cooking. turned out the meat in the stew was robin, and was very tasty...

Bear is interesting. but once you see one hanging in camp you feel a little like a caniable. closely resemebling a human body and is a quite creepy...

I stopped eating meat except fishies in 1990. I ate a few

burgers and bacon slices this last year though, they were

tasty. But I don't think I will ever go back to eating much

meat. Chicken and turkey tastes like dirt, I don't know

why people eat that junk.

I would like to go hunting someday, although I am pretty

squeamish, but I would like to learn about chopping bambi

up into steaks, as like an intellectual exercise.

fern said:

I stopped eating meat except fishies in 1990. I ate a few

burgers and bacon slices this last year though, they were

tasty. But I don't think I will ever go back to eating much

meat. Chicken and turkey tastes like dirt, I don't know

why people eat that junk.

thumbs_up.gif me too...ok it was 1998 but it's been a while. fishies are nummy!

Ok Fern and Minx....hmmm those names just struck me as ironic, Fern (plant) is mostly vegetarian, Minx is an animal, she eats meat.....anyway, I too am interested in learning to skin Bambi from a curiosity/intellectual point of view. Maybe I should have a "kill bambi party". I guess it stems from my opinion that it's not inconceivable we might really need those survival skills in our lifetime! Too many people hate the US and I'll disappear into the woods if they use some smart bomb on us.

David_Parker said:

Ok Fern and Minx....hmmm those names just struck me as ironic, Fern (plant) is mostly vegetarian, Minx is an animal, she eats meat.....anyway, I too am interested in learning to skin Bambi from a curiosity/intellectual point of view. Maybe I should have a "kill bambi party". I guess it stems from my opinion that it's not inconceivable we might really need those survival skills in our lifetime! Too many people hate the US and I'll disappear into the woods if they use some smart bomb on us.

no no no! i don't eat meat except for the fishies. and unlike fern i have hunted down bambi's big brother ernie the elk.

Last week's home of pub club, the Kort Haus, had some pretty unique offerings: exotic meat Burgers including Alligator, Antelope, Black Bear, Buffalo, Camel, Caribou, Elk, Kangaroo, Llama, Ostrich, Reindeer, Venison, wild Boar, and Yak.

And Muffy, nice job on spelling 'carniverous'.

quick...someone grab the pagetop!