Szyjakowski

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I hate to admit this, but it's kinda scary so why not:

I went to high school in the town where alot of the Dukes of Hazzard was filmed.

The Railroad Track car jump in the opening credits? I drove across that every day. The Boar's Nest? Way out in the f'in boonies near a river I used to fish (and a cow pasture we used for our shroom supply). Crazy Cooter? Real name was Ben Jones, became the US Congressional Rep for our district and gave me my appointment to the USAF Academy.

Other redneck shows were filmed there too...In the Heat of the Night, the cop station was actually our public library. The high school was my school, we were in a couple of episodes as extras, playing...whatelse...a crowd of high school kids.

and part of Friday the 13th Part 3 was filmed there.

Deliverance was filmed in the North Georgia hills and alot of the scary freaks they used in the film were actually locals from the area, like the albino kid, the two squeal like a pig butt pirates...it's still kinda scary in them thar parts.